Chapter 52

Mona's POV

Sitting in the corner across three couples who are doing PDAs isn't easy, especially when one of them is the man you gave your life to. Harry is glued to Isabella since we arrived at the bar. No matter how I tried to ignore them, it seemed like they kept finding a way to make it known to me that they are together. I tried my best to understand what Harry's been doing by thinking that he's still mad at me for hiding my true identity from him but he has gone too far. It really hurts to see that he's been doing his best to hurt me on purpose. I can't help but get angry with him, especially for tagging me along with them and not letting me go home. I know that he doesn't care if the press saw them together without me. He just really wanted to hurt me and I can't forgive him for that.

I'm just human and I've got my pride too. If he wants to play games with me, then fine! He wasn't contented with hurting me by being with Isabella but he kept pushing me to Alex like I'm a toy that he got tired of playing and now wants to pass on to someone else! I may have done him wrong but he doesn't have the right to treat me this way! I may still love him but it doesn't mean that I'd let him ruin my virtues!

I glanced at them and our eyes met. When Isabella noticed, she grabbed his face to make him look at her and she kissed him again. My heart ached, I looked away. I stood up to go to the comfort room but Harry was quick to come near me.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked in a serious tone.

"To the powder room, YOUR HIGHNESS, am I not allowed to do that too or do you and your REAL girlfriend have to come with me too?" I answered in gritted teeth. I'm now furious with him.

He looked at me intently. He looked like he was going to say something back but changed his mind.

"Don't take too long. We're leaving in a bit." He said instead.

I left him without saying anything. I had to run to the comfort room because I can't hold my tears anymore and I don't want to give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry. I have been holding it in since we were still at the palace. I can't help but think back of when I first met him...in my hotel room in the Philippines. He was this heartless and arrogant man. And when Dane and I researched about him when we found out that he was the crown prince of England, all this bad write-ups about him came out. I thought I knew him. I believed him when he told me that those write-ups aren't true. I was convinced because of what he showed me and how he made me feel loved but I guess it was all a lie. What I'm seeing right now is no doubt, the real him.

When I got in one of the cubicles, I sat down on the closed toilet bowl and let my emotions took over and I cried without caring about how I'd look afterwards. I had to let go of the tears otherwise I'll have a heart attack. I cried and cried until I started sobbing quietly. I prayed that this night would already end. I just want to be home with Dane. I tried to comfort myself but the pain I felt didn't lessen at all. I wanted to scream but I don't want to cause a scene. A few minutes past and I'm starting to have difficulty breathing and I was dizzy and the room started spinning. I slowly stood up but when I opened the cubicle's door, everything became blurry and then followed by complete darkness.

I don't know how it happened but I woke up at the backseat of an unfamiliar car. Two women are at the front. One kept saying to drive faster and while the other is driving nervously. They looked like a couple of years younger than me. The one on the passenger's seat looked at me and when she noticed that I am already awake, her eyes widen.

"She's up! Oh thank God! Are you okay? How are you feeling? Ugh! You scared us!" She asked worriedly. I looked at her in confusion. I tried remembering what happened and all I remember was being in the comfort room.

"What happened to me? Who are you and where are you guys taking me? I asked a bit worried.

"You fainted inside the comfort room, we were trying to bring you to the nearest hospital. Are you feeling okay now? Do you still wants us to drive you to the hospital?"

"Ohh...I'm so sorry. I haven't eaten anything the entire day. I was feeling dizzy but I'm fine now. No need to bring me to the hospital. Thank you so much."

"Are you sure? You don't look okay."

"I'm sure. If it isn't too much to ask, can you guys bring me home instead?" I asked politely. I don't think I'd be able to go home by myself. I feel really weak.

"Of course. Where do you live?" I was relieved and I gave them the address of my apartment. I'm wondering why the two didn't recognize me, maybe they're not from here.

I found out that the one driving is Maggie and her friend on the passenger's seat is Lea. They're both from central London which made me wonder even more how they didn't recognize me. They're both nice and I am really thankful that they're the ones who found me.

My mind started thinking about Harry again. I wonder if he noticed that I wasn't able to go back to them. I doubt it. He was too busy with Isabella to even remember me. I was gonna call Dane to tell her that I am on my way home but I can't find my purse. I realized that I haven't checked my phone since I texted her in the limo. I asked the two ladies if they noticed my purse when they took me at the comfort room but they told me that they panicked so they didn't notice a purse with me.

I thanked them and I sighed, hoping that someone found my purse and will find a way to return it to me. After ten minutes, the car stopped in front of my apartment. I thanked Maggie and Lea again and again before they left.

When I came in, I saw Dane pacing back and forth in the living room. I still feel weak and a bit dizzy.

"Hey lovey..." I said weakly.

"Oh my God! Where have you been? I was so worried! Are you okay? You look terrible!" She said in panic which confuses me.

"What do you mean? I texted you." I said before glancing at the gigantic mirror in our living room. Now I understand why the two women did not recognize me. I looked like I just came from a halloween party. My mascara is all over my cheeks, a result from crying so hard. My hair is all over the place. I looked like a different person. I looked away and faced Dane again.

"Yes! But I got a call from Harry using your phone! He said you disappeared leaving your purse. What happened? Did you guys fight again?"

"No, no...I didn't mean to disappear."

"What do you mean?"

"It's a long story. I'm so tired Dane. I just want to rest. I'll tell you tomorrow."

"Have you been crying? What did he do to you this time?! I swear, I'm going to kill that guy! I don't care if he's the prince!"

"Sshhh Dane...please. I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay? I'll tell you everything, I promise."

"Fine...but are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes. Please tell that asshole to have someone bring my purse and phone here."

I said before going to my room. Tonight, I will cry my heart out...but starting tomorrow, I will never ever shed a tear for you Harry. You were just another mistake...another nightmare that I will work hard to get over with.

***Don't forget to vote, comment, add this to your reading list, share to your friends and follow me for more upcoming stories. I am grateful for your support, loveys! ~Aireen