Chapter 63

Harry's POV

"She almost died Aurora! Did you even realize that?! Your son is in love with her! What part of that you don't understand?! Can you imagine the guilt that he'd be carrying for the rest of his life if he didn't try to help her?!" My father yelled at my mother. I have never seen him this angry my whole life.

Mum found out from our publicist about what dad and I did to find Mona and she got so angry, especially on the airport lock-down part. We're at the drawing room discussing about it and my mind is in Monaco...at Mona. I miss her terribly and I wanted so much to be there for her but my fear that my being there would only upset her kept on winning. I'd rather make this sacrifice than knowing I'd only harm her more. Donald has been updating me about her condition. He's been getting updates from Dane. It's been just weeks but it feels like years for me. Oh...the torture!

This is how I get by everyday. Knowing that she is getting better and doing alright kept me going. But for how long, I have no clue. Being away from her at a time when she needs help the most and knowing somebody else is helping her instead of me is driving me mad. I will go insane in no time. I can't stop blaming myself for everything that happened to her and I don't know if I will be able to forgive myself for it ever.

Mum and dad are still arguing and it seems like I haven't heard them at all. I can't even feel a reaction, not even towards mum's lack of concern and consideration to Mona's situation. I just really want to be at Mona's side right now and I don't know for how long I will be able to fight the urge to hop on the jet and fly back to Monaco. I should be the one holding her hand right now..the one comforting her and making her feel safe...not Alex.

I found myself walking as fast as I could in the hallway, I don't remember walking out the drawing room and I don't know where I am heading. I just feel like I should get out of the palace and just walk and walk until I run out of energy. I made a promise to Mona that I will protect her and I failed her big time because of my jealousy and pride. Instead of protecting her, I put her life in danger. How am I going to live with that?

"Look mum! It's Prince Harry!" The voice snapped me out of my deep thoughts. I looked around and found myself standing near a fountain in a park. People in the park also heard the boy and are now looking at my direction. I looked down and started walking towards the nearest bench. I need to sit down. I feel like I am about to pass out, everything is starting to look like they're spinning and the people looks like they're running towards me, like they're going to attack me. I made it to the bench and able to sit down. I was trying to catch up with my breathing when I felt someone's presence near me.

"Are you alright, son?" A very kind voice asked. I turned my head to look at whom it was coming from and saw an elderly couple sitting on the bench next to mine. The man is holding the woman's hand while she has her head on his shoulder, eyes closed. She looks like she is sleeping. The voice came from the man. My heart felt a kick while I looked at them. They look like they don't have the luxuries in life but very contented and happy with what they have. The kind of contentment I have been longing for. One that I am willing to give up the crown for. Looking at them made me think of what Mona and I had before I ruined everything. I can see us sitting in the park like them. I found that contentment with her and I took it for granted.

"How did you make it work? How did you fight for her?" I answered him. He looked confused with my question while I am surprised with what came out of my mouth. He stared at me and smiled, which showed me that he figured out what I meant. He kissed the woman's hand and then her forehead before looking back at me. "Well son...when you truly love the person you're with, it isn't hard to make it work. Everyday you fight for each other like your lives depend on it. Love is always a battle because of your individual prides, but if it's true love, you can beat pride...only true love can beat pride. To make it work, you have to choose each other over everything...over pride, everytime. To fight for her is to find the "will" to always choose her and her happiness no matter what..." He said too kindly before kissing the woman's forehead again. Every word pierced to my very core.

He looked at her lovingly before continuing. "I met her when I had completely nothing...not even self respect. I lost my parents at a very young age and grew up homeless...at the streets hiding and running away from social workers. She came from a very rich family, I always looked at their big house from afar and watched out for the maids when they bring out the rubbish because when they do, I knew I can find something to eat in there. Been doing that until I became a teenager and that's when I met her. She saw me ravaging the rubbish for food, I was so embarrassed but she just looked at me with the most beautiful smile I have ever seen before asking me if I was hungry. Her voice was like music in ny ears. When I nodded, she smiled again and told me to wait for her to be back. She came back with a plate full of delicious food and handed it to me. She sat with me until I was done eating, smiling and looking like a very beautiful angel. She told me to come back everyday to meet her there and to never look for food in the trash again because they have plenty. That was one of the happiest days of my life. I never thought such kindness existed. We started knowing each other, became friends, found a spot near the house where we can hang out, she taught me to read and write...helped me find worth in myself and made me dream to have a better life...we fell in love against all odds..her family never approved of me but she never let it stop her for being with me...she always chose me over everything...I vowed to do the same for her..and more. I vowed to give her my life..."

I can't help but admire them. I was teary-eyed. Their love story is one of those I've just seen in movies, very inspiring. It made me feel ashamed of myself and remembers how I treated Mona again but I am hopeful now. After hearing everything that he told me, I can see hope for me and Mona to be together again. I need to show her that she is everything to me..that she is my life...she means the world to me and that I will give up everything for her if need be..I need to show her that I chose her over everything. I let my pride win before and I will ask for her forgiveness for that...everyday. I need to be by her side right now. "Thank you very much, kind man. Fate brought me to you today to find some sense. God bless your heart." Was all I could say before calling Donald to pick me up and arrange everything for my trip to Monaco.

Just as I hung up the phone and about to talk to the kind man again, we were surrounded by lots of people and papparazis asking questions about Mona's whereabouts and Isabella's latest outburst about how I led her on and cheated on her. How I didn't notice them approaching is a puzzle to me. I felt dizzy all of a sudden and everything just turned completely dark before I could answer any question.

A/N:
Hello guys, I know...I know...it has been years since I last updated. So sorry, been having a hard time finding that motivation to keep writing. I will try to continue writing again and hopefully finish this story soonest. Anyhow, I hope you like this chapter. Let me know what you think.

***Don't forget to vote, comment, add this to your reading list, share to your friends and follow me for more upcoming stories. I am grateful for your support, loveys! ~Aireen