Chapter 58

Mona's POV

"Hey Hanna...this is a surprise!" I heard Dane greeted Hanna from the living room.

I was about to go out of my room. I am resuming my duties today. No more moping around. It's time to be an adult again. I'm curious what brought Hanna here. I haven't really spoken to her in a while. Everything is always course thru Chiqui when we arrived here in England. I'm surprised too that she's here, it must be really important. I hurried towards the living room.

"Yeah..I need to talk to you and Mona about something, where is she?"

"I'm here...how are you Hanna? Good to see you."

"Oh...there you are. Well...I can't really tell you that I'm doing alright. You and Harry are making my job really hard right now..."

"What do you mean?"

"Sit down...this is important. You too Dane since you are part of this too."

Dane and I sat down across Hanna, anticipating what this sudden serious meeting is all about.

"So...?" I asked...feeling impatient. Hanna looked at me seriously and sighed before answering me.

"Okay...well, I'm not sure how you will take this news...if you'd be happy or sad...but the queen ordered that the contract will be terminated effective today. You are now free from any obligations stipulated in there...now...she specifically said that you two can stay in the country if you wish to, and can continue using this apartment but of course, you'll have to cover the rent starting next month. We will also be pulling out all the maids, your car and driver and of course the bodyguards...in short, starting today, you will be on your own...now if you choose to leave the country and go back to the Philippines, we will do all the necessary arrangements for you so you'll arrive there safely...so what's its gonna be?"

I am shocked. Is this really happening? Dane and I looked at each other. I don't understand how I feel. I longed for this moment but now I can't bring myself to be up and jumping with happiness. I felt this heavy feeling in my heart. I don't know what to say. Dane squeezed my hand and was the first to answer Hanna.

"Uh...we still have about two weeks before next month's rent on this apartment, right? We'll use that time to decide if we're staying or not."

"May I ask for the reason for this sudden decision of the palace Hanna?" I couldn't help but ask. I need to know why. I felt Dane squeezing my hand again.

"I don't know Mona. Maybe because you two have broken up? The queen don't usually share her reasons."

"How about Harry, does he know?"

"I guess so...I didn't catch him today. He left for Africa early morning for a military training."

"What? A military training? What for?"

"Mona...he has been training in the military before he met you. He was supposed to go back when we got back from the Philippines but he decided to stay for you...so he can be here with you..."

"What about his commitments here?"

"Let me worry about that, honey...so...you'll decide in two weeks then...you know where to find me..." she said before standing up.

I stared at Hanna's back as she walked out of the room. This heavy feeling in my heart became heavier and heavier.

"Miss Moonlight, Miss Dane...we'll go now." Jane said in a sad tone...behind her are Mary and Monica. The way they looked at us is so sad that I had to stand up and hug each of them.

"Thank you so much for all the help. You've been so kind to me and Dane. We will never forget about you guys." I said, forcing a smile. They all hugged me back, Dane joined us and the three said their goodbyes again. As soon as the ladies were gone, the bodyguards and my driver came in to bid farewell too. Sadness took over me. All of a sudden, the apartment looks empty...and I feel empty. Chiqui is the only one left now. Among all of them, she's the closest to me. And it really sadden me that she won't be part of my daily life anymore. Tears welled in both our eyes.

"Let's not be sad. If you ever decide to stay here for good, let me know, alright? I'll be here for you guys. I left the contacts and calendar of your commitments and appointments on your desk in the library Mona. If you have questions, feel free to reach out to me, alright? You have my number." She said before hugging me and Dane. Then I remember something.

"I forgot to ask Hanna...so...our job in the modelling industry, we get to keep them?"

"Of course! That is something that you two worked hard for. The palace has nothing to do with that...it will help you a lot, support your needs, if you'll ever decide to stay for good."

"Thank you so much Chiqui. You've been a great friend and I will really miss you." I said before hugging her again.

"Me too. Keep in touch please.." Dane said before hugging her too.

"Oh...you know I will...I gotta go now. You two have a big decision to make." And she was gone.

The apartment became so quiet...Dane and I sat in silence. I have appointments today and I don't know how the hell will I get there without Chiqui and Drew taking me. It made me realize how dependent I was to them since my life here in England. They sure made my life so easy. I need to cancel them all now and figure out my next move before I can attend to them. Harry's sad face appeared in my head again...everytime it does, I feel a hard kick in my heart. He left...that means he really meant what he said yesterday. I should be happy...I asked for this, right? But how come I feel the opposite?

I'm so tired of figuring this out. Right now, Dane and I need to decide. The palace have been really generous so I can never complain about the options that they gave us. I have this all figured out ~ once I'm free from the contract, Dane and I will go back to the Philippines but now that it's already happening, part of me don't want to leave this apartment anymore. My heart is pleading for me to stay but my mind is encouraging me to leave and go back to the Philippines, where my evil relatives couldn't find me.

Now that I thought about it...I don't have any guards anymore, I don't feel safe. What if they already found me and just waited for a chance to grab me when I'm not guarded. Oh God...I hope not, otherwise I'll be dead the moment I step out of this apartment. The thought made me shiver.

***Don't forget to vote, comment, add this to your reading list, share to your friends and follow me for more upcoming stories. I am grateful for your support, loveys! ~Aireen