Chapter 42

Mona has finished cooking and now setting up the dining table. Harry hasn't come back in the kitchen yet after he left to take that call. She is very excited to eat with him. This is the first time that she cooked for him and she can't wait for him to taste every dish that she made. For the last couple of days since they arrived in the private villa, she is so happy. She felt safe and contented. Being with Harry in the villa kind of gave Mona a glimpse of their life together. She is now very sure that it is Harry she wants to spend the rest of her life with. Since they arrived, she became quite sure that Harry is the one. Even her worries are becoming lesser as the days went by.

Going with him in the market today and the times they spent happily in the kitchen gave her so much hope that Harry will accept her for who she is after she tells him everything about her past...and she will do that right after their sumptuous meal.

She has finished setting up the table and now checking if there is something she forgot. When she was sure that everything is there, she  decided to call Harry. Just as she was about to yell his name, he appeared coming from their room, where he took the phone call.

"Oh there you are babe. Come on, have a seat. Lunch is served!" She said excitedly with the brightest smile plastered on her face.

Harry stared at her seriously before moving to his seat, which surprised Mona. Harry hasn't shown any emotion, a total opposite when he left the kitchen earlier. He was happy and full of smiles. For some reason, Mona's heartbeat became faster and it made her really nervous.

"Are you alright Harry? Something's wrong?"

"Let's just eat. I'm starving." He answered without glancing at Mona, which only confirmed Mona's suspicion that something is not right.

"Okay." Was all she could say.

They ate quietly. So quiet that they looked like two strangers eating on the same table. Mona just let Harry eat. She lost her appetite. She couldn't wait to eat earlier but now she just couldn't swallow the food. She started wondering who called him earlier. She glanced at Harry, who is making it so obvious that he was just forcing himself to eat. When they both couldn't take it anymore, they let go of their forks and spoons and looked at each other in the eyes. Mona's eyes bear sadness and confusion while Harry's bear anger and contempt.

"Please tell me what's wrong?" Mona pleaded.

"Why don't you tell me what you're hiding from me first?" Harry said in a tone that is so foreign to Mona. This is the first time that she heard Harry talked to her like this. As soon as she realized what he said, her shoulders slumped. Someone told him everything before she could. Tears formed in her eyes, threatening to fall any moment but she tried to hold them in. She needs to act strong in front of him otherwise she won't be able to explain and tell him her reasons.

"Who called you earlier Harry?" She managed to ask calmly. Eventhough she figured out who, she still wanted to confirm it from Harry.

"It doesn't matter! So it's true huh? You fooled me?! You played me?! How dare you?! I loved you! I trusted you!" He said in between breaths before standing up. He is so angry.

"What?! No! Harry...listen to me. I don't know what she told you. Please...hear me out."

"She told me the truth! That's what she did! Something that you didn't do!"

"You...you need to hear me out."

"Hear you out? So you can fool me again?! Tell me Moonlight...is that even your real name?!"

"No...but it is my name now."

"Right..." Harry said before pacing back and forth.