Chapter 49

Mona woke up feeling really sick. She has been feeling sick lately. Dane told her it's probably because she has been killing herself with work and she's not eating properly and regularly. She just lost her appetite since she came back from Mykonos. She lost her appetite not just in eating but in everything. She felt numb and she lost hope and faith in life. She is thankful for Dane because since that lunch they had, they became closer and her nightmares are starting to go away. Dane has been sleeping beside her since then. She told her everything - all her pains and of course, her nightmares. She became her rock, just like the old times.

No matter what she does, she can't stop thinking about Harry and how he abandoned her just like that. For more than a month, he never attempted to contact her. Eventhough she has accepted that she lost him that day, it still hurts her so bad because some of Harry's promises when they were still together kept on echoing in her head. I love you so much my Moonlight. I will never let anything nor anyone, not even my mother, come between us. I promise you that. These ones, especially.

Mona got up to get out of bed but laid back again when she felt drowsy. Today, she just feels really sick. She heard a slight knock on her door before it opened to reveal Dane. She's holding a glass of water and a small tablet.

"Here, take this." Dane said before handing her the small tablet and the glass of water.

"I asked Monica to prepare chicken soup for you. You need to start eating properly lovey. I think the only time that you ate proper food was the other day when we had lunch at the restaurant. This is not good for you. You make me worry so much. I don't want you to get sick like this again. Pleasee..." Dane added, worry in her eyes.

"I'm sorry Dane. I'll try, okay? I just don't have the appetite even if I wanted to."

"Just force yourself, okay? Your appetite will come back once your stomach will get used to proper food again. All you fed it is milk teas."

Their conversation got interrupted by Mary's knock on the door.

"Miss Moonlight, you have a visitor. He's waiting at the living room."

Mona got up immediately from her bed. All of a sudden she felt her energy. When she heard Mary said "he", her heartbeat raced.

"Dane, it's Harry! He's here!" She excitedly said before running outside her room, heading to the living room.

"Uh Miss Moonlight, it's..." Mary wasn't able to finish because Mona was already out of their sight, which worried Dane so much so she ran after her.

"Harry..."

"Hey gorgeous one! Surprised?"

"Oh my God! Alex! What are you doing here? Oh my...I'm a mess. Let me go change. I'll be ri..." Mona wasn't able to finish when she felt Alex hand on one of her arms to stop her from leaving.

"Stop. What are you talking about? You look perfect. You don't have to change for me!" He said in a teasing tone which made Mona laugh a little.

Something about Alex makes her feel relaxed. She is grateful for his friendship. His sweetness brings her some kind of peace but she knows how terrible she looks right now. Her hair is all over the place and she hasn't taken a shower nor wash her face yet. She hasn't even brushed her teeth yet and she's really embarrassed, not just because of how she looks but because she hoped again that he was Harry...that he has finally came to see her because he has forgiven her.

She felt drowsy again, so she sat down on the sofa. She told Alex to sit down too. Dane came in the living room. When she saw Alex, her shoulders slumped. She felt a kick in her heart because she knows how disappointed Mona is, because it wasn't Harry. Her anger towards Harry escalated again. He is the reason why her bestfriend is suffering right now and she can't forgive him for that.