Chapter 25

Queen Aurora watched Mona slowly walked away, looking so sad and hurt after she dismissed her. Deep within her heart, she knows that Mona is a good woman and she can see that she truly love Harry. She is almost convinced that Harry have fallen for her too but her head refused to acknowledge it. She had to do something with the little chance she have for Harry and Isabella. She knows that she went too low with the deal she came up for, that's why she only spoke to Mona about it.

The deal would surely hurt Mona in the process and it might break their relationship leaving her at the losing end. The queen knows Mona does not deserve this but she believes that it is her duty to ensure the future of his son and the kingdom. Harry will be king soon and he needs someone that is fit to stand beside him, someone with a title, like Isabella. She is positive that Harry will eventually fall in love with Isabella if they spend more time together. She already planned appearances and projects for them to be together most of the time and she is optimistic about it all.

She closes her eyes and Mona's angelic face appeared. She opened her eyes quickly and picked up the phone and dialed her detective's phone number.

"It's me. I need you to do a background check on someone. I want a very detailed background check on this one. I will have my assistant forward to you whatever documents we have about this person."

As soon as the person on the other line acknowledged the queen's instructions, she hung up without saying goodbye. She felt this heavy feeling in her heart for doing this to Mona but she believes this is the right thing to do. It annoys her that she felt this sympathy for her but the queen is determined to ignore these feelings and proceed with her plan. In her mind, she is doing this for Harry.

"You're in deep thought. Something wrong?" King Henry startled her. She didn't even notice him entered the room.

"I am asking you Aurora. I know you. Something is bothering you. Is it Harry and his girlfriend again? Don't you dare plan something to break their relationship. I am telling you right now, I will be the first to stop you."

"Aren't you worried Henry? How can you approve of this woman without even knowing her, or worse... without even meeting her? You are careless. You haven't changed at all. You're supposed to be the one making sure your son is following these protocols yet you just let him be! I have to be the bad parent all of the time in order to discipline him."

"Oh Aurora...your son is now 28 years old! He is not a little boy anymore. He is capable of deciding on his own! If he is in love with this woman, who are we to stop that? This is his happiness and entire life we are talking about here. Aren't you happy that he finally found someone to be happy with? You did not see how much he's changed and how happy he is? Or you are just acting blind again so you can force your own decision about Isabella on him?! For once, let him be happy! He is your son, you keep forgetting that. Aurora...if you come between them, he won't just rebel on us again...we might lose him for good and if that ever happens, I can never forgive you."

The king left without looking back at the queen, who is tongue-tied. She is now starting to worry that Harry might find out about the deal. She hopes Mona won't tell Harry about their meeting earlier. She needs something to blackmail Mona to ensure she will keep her end of the deal. The detective will surely dig out something about Mona and the queen could not wait to get a hold of it.

The queen called her assistant and gave the list of activities that she planned for Harry and Isabella. The activities are starting next week, after the charity ball that she will be hosting this weekend. She will make sure the press will be all over Harry and Isabella, that way, Harry won't be able to refuse the activities that the queen planned. Everytime she thinks of the success of her plan, Mona's angelic face appeared in her mind. She ignored it and forced herself to get back to work but then the king's words started echoing in her mind.

No matter how she tried to get it out of her head, it didn't work. Her being so stubborn never considers changing her plans though. She still thinks that her plan would work out and give her the outcome that she wanted. She will do everything in her power to succeed on making Harry fall in love with Isabella. She ended her day with that thought, trying so hard to push away Mona's face and her husband's words out of her head.

"I always succeed. I always do." She murmured. Just when she was about to leave the room, Harry entered with a smile plastered on his handsome face.

"Hi mum! Can I talk to you about something before you leave?" Harry asked after kissing her cheeks.

"Of course son. You're in a good mood. About what?" She answered, trying to hide the surprise look on her face.

"Oh nothing major mum. Just about the guests list for your charity ball this weekend."

"What about it? You want someone added on the list?"

"Uh actually mum. I want someone taken out of the list." Harry hesitantly said.

"And who is that?" The queen asked in an irritating tone because she kind of have an idea who he meant.

"Come on mum. You know who. It doesn't feel right having her on this event now that I have Mona and that article that came out last week that she dumped me...I mean, it wouldn't look good on my image. The press will be all over her and Mona. This is Mona's first public appearance and I don't want to make it uncomfortable for her."

"Harry...that just upsets me. You want me to revise my guests list just so your little girlfriend won't feel uncomfortable? Do you hear yourself right now?! This is another reason why you can't have an ordinary woman. The palace will not change its ways just so she feels accepted and comfortable! This is why Isabella is the right woman for you. Harry I need you to wake up from this insanity right now! This woman isn't right for you!"

"Mum...it's fine. Forget I even asked. You're right. This is your ball, you can invite whoever you want. I apologize, your majesty." Harry said sadly before leaving the room.

This angered the queen more. It made her want to scream of frustrations. He will never listen to her. This made her more determined to make her plan succeed.

A/N: Hello guys, sorry I haven't been updating. My schedule is crazy lately. Anyhow, I hope you like this chapter. Let me know what you think.

Don't forget to vote, add this to your reading list and follow me, loveys. ~Aireen