Chapter 53

Harry's POV

I feel like punching all the people that I sent to find Mona. They all came back without her. Where is she?! I hope she's alright. She's by herself, no guards and unsafe. I'm so worried that her evil relatives found her and kidnapped her. I won't be able to forgive myself if that happens. Ugh! I'm going crazy. I can feel that she didn't leave on purpose because she left her purse and phone. I've called Dane several times to check if she's back home but she isn't. Dane has been showing her contempt to me since the break up and now it doubled up  when she found out that Mona disappeared on my watch.

"I'm sure she's just out there. She left on purpose because she didn't like it that noone paid any attention to her tonight." Isabella said without showing even a little sympathy.

It doubled my irritation. Her clinginess tonight had made me want to not hang out with her again. I admit that I kind of used her to test Mona's feelings for me but she took advantage of it. I will never ever try to use her again. I have to put an end to this now. She thinks that I enjoy doing this and that I really like her. I don't want to lead her on.

"Shut up Isabella! I'm so sick of you tonight. You think I enjoy this?! I'm worried sick! What if something happens to her?"

"Why do you still care? She brought it to herself!"

"You're really heartless! Get out of my face! I don't want to ever hang out with you again!"

"What?! What did I do now? It was your idea to tag her along! I don't know why you had to! Besides, I thought you hate her?! Why worry about her this much?"

"I don't hate her! I'm still in love with her! Now, get lost!"

"I...I don't understand! We were great...I thought it's you and me now...I..I'm confused Harry."

"Don't be foolish Isabella! We're just friends. We've always been JUST friends. Understand now?"

"You used me...how could you?!"

"Ahhh don't be dramatic! You enjoyed it..."

I was not able to finish what I was about to say, she slapped me. It stinged but I expected it...and I deserved it. I never wanted to treat her this way but I had to be honest with her for her own good. She has been pursuing me and that is a wrong thing to do for a woman...especially for one with a title. As her friend, I had to save her from herself. She now looks at me with contempt, I deserved that too.

"You will pay for this, Harry. I will make sure of that. I will do my best to ruin your happiness. You don't deserve to be with anyone, especially with the woman you're madly in love with..."

Before she could finish what she was saying, Mona's phone started ringing. I immediately retrieved it from her purse. I didn't realize I was tightly holding her purse since we found it, like it was the only part of Mona that I have left. Dane's photo and name appeared on the screen. I answered it immediately, forgetting about Isabella in an instant.

"Dane? Is she home?"

"Yes. What did you do to her this time?"

"What do you mean? I didn't do anything. We were just hanging out...with my friends."

"I don't believe you. She wouldn't look like a mess if you didn't hurt her again."

"Something happened to her? Please tell me she's alright!"

"I don't know what happened to her! She wouldn't tell me...but she doesn't look okay! Anyway, she asked me to call you."

"She did? Can I come over?"

"No. You can't! She asked me to call you to tell you that she wants her purse and phone back."

"Oh...I'll drop it off on my way home."

"Have someone else drop it off. It doesn't have to be you."

"I just want to check on her Dane."

"I don't think she'd like that. I strongly suggest that you won't."

"Alright then..."

I hung up with a heavy heart. There's no doubt that she hates me more now. What have I done? I let my pride and ego took over again. How many times do I have to lose her because of my gigantic pride? Donald was right. I need him right now. I haven't spoke to him since the last time when he called me. I need to apologize for the things that I said to him. My sister was right too. I was pushing them away. I know that they care for me but I never gave them a chance to be there for me or to help me find some sense in all this. Instead, I turned into what I've always been good at...a rebel.

I sighed when I remembered Isabella. When I turned around she's gone. I must have really upset her. I didn't regret being honest with her though. She deserves to know the truth. I hope that one day she can forgive me but for now, she is the least of my concern. I have to talk to Mona. I have to fix our misunderstandings. I need to win her back. I don't care if she's with Alex now. No matter what I do, I can never be happy without her. She's my only happiness. Without her, life is empty. I may have everything in life but I still feel incomplete. Mona completes me. I will trade this luxurious life for her anytime. Life is meaningless without her and I can't take it anymore. I can't stand another day without her in my arms again.

I called the driver to take me home. We dropped off Mona's purse and phone at her apartment but I did not get out of the car. I asked my bodyguard to hand it to one of the guards so he can give it to Mona in the morning.

When I reached the palace, it was already almost 3AM. I took a long shower to help me think of a plan to start reaching out to Mona. I know her, she won't be easily swept away...especially with material things. I have to have a well-crafted plan and I don't know where to start after what I showed her tonight. There is no doubt that she believed everything that she saw. The way she acted confirmed that and it also confirmed that she still has feelings for me. I was a fool for thinking that she didn't love me. Maybe it isn't real with him and Alex too? Maybe she just made me think that she moved on too? I really hope this is the case...oh God, please help me win her back.

***Don't forget to vote, comment, add this to your reading list, share to your friends and follow me for more upcoming stories. I am grateful for your support, loveys! ~Aireen