Chapter 57

Harry's POV

"You what?!" My mum flared up when I told her that I want to terminate the contract and free Mona from all her obligations.

"You heard me mum. I want that stupid contract to be terminated. I can't stand it anymore. I am not adhering to that anymore."

"But you agreed to this! You're being irresponsible again Harry. This just adds up to the long list of your misbehavior as the crown prince! And what did you do to Isabella? The poor girl called me this morning and she was crying her heart out...Harry...what are you doing with your life?! That girl really messed you up..."

"Mum!!! Please stop! You can't always blame everything to Mona. She has nothing to do with this! She's the victim here...don't you see that?! Haven't you made her suffer enough? Aren't you happy yet?! You succeeded! We broke up...We're done! Isn't that what you wanted?! So just please....please......as your son I am begging you....Mum, grant me this one small request. I will do anything you'll ask as long as you give me this one...stop torturing us...please....mum..."

I didn't realize I am already crying like a little boy in front of my mother. What happened earlier with Mona was too painful. It killed me to see how much I hurt her. I didn't realize how deep I wounded her until earlier. I will give her what she asked and I know terminating the contract and setting her free will be a good start. Knowing that I broke her...the only woman that I truly love...is too painful. Even if it hurts to let her go and stay away from her, I will do it as long as it gives her a new start.

We took her peaceful life from her. If we didn't come in her life, she wouldn't get hurt this much. Setting her free from the contract is the least that I can do. I will do everything in my power to secretly help her get her peaceful life back...even if that would mean not being with her anymore. I will continue loving her...but this time, it will be from afar...I don't deserve her. I hope time will come that she'll stop hurting and can truly forgive me. If that time comes, I will make sure I am already someone deserving to have her.

These thoughts made me sob. Knowing I won't be able to hold her again is tearing my heart apart. I don't care anymore if I look like a child right now. I need to let this all out so I can think straight. If only my mother cares for me and my happiness...if only I don't have to beg her all the time just to have what I want and need...if only I was born to a different family...if only I'm not a royal...maybe life wouldn't be this hard.

I felt her hand squeezing my shoulders and looked at me intently. I can't make out any emotion or sympathy on the way she's looking at me. What am I thinking? I shouldn't be expecting it from her...she is my mother, the queen...I should know.

"Alright then. If this is what you really want, I'll have Hanna arrange everything. By tomorrow, Mona will be free from her obligations in the contract. Gather yourself together Harry...you don't want anyone to see you like this." And just like that, she walked away without trying to comfort me or show even just a little sympathy. Typical mum.

"Thanks mum. I appreciate that so much." I said behind her back. She stopped walking for a second but didn't say anything back.

I continued being miserable after she left. I just really want to drain myself from all the pain. I didn't care even when my mum's personal assistant came in the room and saw how pathetic I looked. She immediately left the drawing room and closed the door behind her, giving me privacy and time to be alone. I was startled when the door opened again but this time it revealed my dad.

"Oh no...son...what happened? Your mum called me to check on you. What's wrong Harry? Talk to me..."

"I messed up so so bad dad...she's gone. I was too late. She now hates me...she doesn't want to see me anymore...and I know it's what I deserved after everything that I put her through. Dad...I love her so much. I don't know how to go on without her."

"Oh Harry...give her time. I saw how much she loves you too, son. I know she'll come around...just give her time."

"No dad...she asked me to leave her alone...I lost her...I lost the only woman that I ever loved. And...I hurt her so bad...I'm so stupid! It's killing me dad...I'm so lost...I don't know what to do..."

"Son...give yourself time. I know it isn't easy. Been there before too. Remember all the good memories you had with her and hold on to it. It will help you go on...it's not the end of the world yet. You will see her again in the future. For now, work on yourself. Fix what went wrong in your own way...do not put all the blame on yourself. Time heals son...and that's what you both need now...Time."

I hugged dad like how I used to whenever I cried when I was still a little boy. I'm so blessed that despite having a controlling mother, I have the best dad in the world...and the best sister. I saw a spark of hope after talking to dad. His comforting words made me feel a little better but I know I have a long way to go to make things better.

"Now come on...let's go to our favorite place in the palace. You need a distraction." Dad is talking about playing tennis. The palace have the biggest garden in London and there...we have a tennis court. Dad and I plays from time to time. He's right...I need a distraction and swinging tennis racquets help release this awful feeling.

"Thank you dad...I don't know how I'll survive in this place without you."

"I love you son. I will always be here for you....now, enough with this. Let's go get ready to do good swings." He said before messing with my hair...like what he used to do when I was still a little boy.

A/N:
Hey guys! Thank you so much for all your support! I have plenty of time this week so I'm going to keep on updating. I might finish this story real soon...if I can  haha...I'm kind of hooked to the characters of this story so I have been stalling it...well...that would be the plan 'coz I have 3 more stories that I will start working on. I hope you will still show support...I'm actually so excited to publish them for you!

***Don't forget to vote, comment, add this to your reading list, share to your friends and follow me for more upcoming stories. I am grateful for your support, loveys! ~Aireen