Chapter 26

Harry left his mother's study room with a heavy heart. He felt that his mother will always be just his queen. She will never be a mother to him. It is sad but he has to accept this and think of Mona. No matter what his mother would do to break them, he will never give up Mona. If she will have him choose between the crown and Mona, he will choose Mona instantly. He has never been this happy and contented in his life and that's all because of Mona and her faith and love for him. He doesn't even know if he deserves it but he vowed to return this faith and love to Mona tenfolds.

Thinking about her brought back the smile on his face. He hurriedly left the palace to pick her up. He can't wait to feel her embrace and kisses. He is exhausted but knowing he has Mona to come home to energized him. He texted Mona to tell her that he is on her way. One of the guards saw him leaving.

"Going somewhere Your Highness?" The guard asked.

Just as Harry is about to answer Ron, his phone vibrated. Mona responded.

"Drive safe babe...and don't forget to bring one of your guards. You need to be safe at all times." Harry smiled and looked at the guard.

"Yes, and you're coming with me. Let's go." The guard followed him to his Ferrari and went straight to the driver's side.

"Oh no no no. I'm driving this one." Harry said smiling. The guard obeyed and went to the passenger side.

Harry was happily chatting with his bodyguard, which the latter found strange because the prince was never the type who likes to chit-chat with any of them. Harry noticed the discomfort and smiled.

"I'm sorry Ron if this is the first time that I've chatted with you. You don't have to feel uncomfortable, I'm sure you like me this way than my old brat self..yeah?" Harry said half laughing which made Ron laugh too.

When they arrived at Mona's apartment, Harry jump out of his Ferrari, leaving Ron smiling and shaking his head as the prince forgot to tell him to park the car properly like he knows he would just assume that he has to.

Mona had just finished her make up when Harry came in her room. He went straight to her and hugged her tight from behind.

"Mmmm you smell sooo good sweetheart. Did you miss me?"

"Heeeyyy...I missed you soooo much!" Mona turned around and rained kisses on his face. Something that made Harry so happy.

"You make my heart melt. I love you so much sweetheart." Harry whispered before kissing her lips passionately. They were both panting and so turned on when the kiss ended.

"It feels like my first kiss each time you kiss me! How do you do that?" Mona asked giggling and blushing which made Harry kiss her again.

"It's because you love me...and that made me the happiest and the luckiest man alive."

"Aaahhhh and you always say the right words. It scares me sometimes babe. You're like...too good to be true." Mona said seriously while caressing Harry's face.

"I feel the same princess but I trust in our love. I promise you, I will never give up on us no matter how challenging our path will be. Promise me you'd do the same?"

"I promise and I swear, I will never give up on us. You're stuck with me Prince Harry." Mona answered smiling but with tears in her eyes. She remembers the deal and somehow what Harry said made her not worry about it anymore. She is now more confident of Harry's love for her.

"That's my girl." Harry whispered, he is so happy that his heart felt like it's about to burst.

"So where are you taking me for dinner? Am I dressed appropriately?" Mona asked cheerfully and turned around to show her outfit to Harry.

"You look stunning as always my love. Whatever you wear is appropriate for me." Harry answered half laughing.

"You're being biased again! Let's go then?" Mona answered giggling.

"But I am not!" Harry answered laughing.

Harry have not made a reservation at any restaurant because he was in a hurry to pick up Mona. It's almost 8:00 PM so he decided to bring her at the nearest restaurant. He is starving and he doesn't want to starve Mona as well. They chatted happily while waiting for their food. Ron and Drew, who came along since Harry wanted to just sit at the backseat with Mona and did not want to drive anymore so they had to bring Mona's car, are sitting at the other table.

Just this simple togetherness yet it gave Harry so much happiness. He remembered the women he dated before. They would be complaining to him all night if he brought them to a simple restaurant like this, that's how he knew they were only after his title and the privileges he could give them.

But Mona...she is only after him and him alone...prince or not, in fact, she even wishes Harry is just an ordinary guy. She doesn't care about the luxury and the privileges. She's  in love with Harry and that's all it is. Harry saw the confirmation that very moment and it made him emotional.

"You alright babe? Why are you looking at me like that." Mona asked when she noticed Harry's stare and the tears that are threatening to fall from his gorgeous eyes.

"Yes sweetheart. I'm alright. I'm just so happy. I don't know what I did to deserve you." Harry said seriously before kissing both Mona's hands.

"Awwww babe, what's with all these emotions tonight? I'm worried now. Did something happen today?" Mona asked, worry on her face.

"No no princess. It's just that..really...I have never felt loved as much as you made me feel loved and I thank the heavens for you." Harry whispered, looking embarrassed.

"Hey, look at me babe. I feel the same. You make me feel so loved and special and I will thank God for you every waking moment of my life." Mona sincerely said, caressing Harry's face again, not minding that they are in a public place.

Their food arrived and they ate happily. After they ate, they decided to just go back to Mona's apartment and hang out for a bit. As much as Harry wanted to stay for the night again, he decided against it because he will be flying to Scotland early in the morning for a speaking engagement on behalf of the king. He wanted so much to bring Mona with him but he knows he won't be able to attend to her because of the hectic schedules.

He will be flying back in the evening tho so Mona felt relieved and hopeful that they will see each other again. This addiction with each other is already bothering Mona. She is worried that once Isabella is back in Harry's life, she would see Harry less and less in the coming days. She is sure that the queen already have plans to bring them together. It's like a stab in Mona's heart but she needs to be strong for Harry and their relationship.