Lui-That Night

The pain he felt,was every where. It was in his hands,arms,legs,feet,chest,stomach,head.
His whole body was in pure pain.
But a certain place,just under his rib cage,hurt just a little more.
With each breath he took,more blood pumped out of the wound.
His once white shirt,was now the darkest shade of red.
His body jerks as his nerves twitch. His chest felt heavy,so,so heavy.
He had to force himself to take in a deep breath,just so he could breathe it out.
Tears leak out his his dark brown eyes and whimpers left his mouth.

"Lui!" A voice yells.
A man rushes to his side and his eyes widen.
"Lui what did they do to you?" He whispers painfully.

"It hurts." The wounded man cries. His body shaking in place as he grows colder,and his sobs grow louder.

"Delly,please make it stop! Please!" He nearly shouts.

Delirious does the exact opposite,and presses down on the wound.
Lui howls in pain and his tears fall faster.

"I'm so sorry." Delirious whispers,squeezing his eyes shut as tears gather in them.
Delirious's blue jacket soaks up the blood,creating a dark red,almost black color.

Lui watches the panicked man as the gears turn in his head,wondering what he can do to help the poor boy.

Lui's sobs grow quiet,and he looks up to the sky and begins to think of happy things,so the last thought running through his head won't be a sad one. Lui begins to blink slowly,but his body shakes more as he looses more blood,and the cold weather begins to affect him.

"Lui? Lui please look at me." Delirious pleads.
A pair of dark brown eyes meet Del's bright blue ones.

"Lui baby you've got to stay awake for me. You've got to stay awake until Evan gets here,then he can help you." Delirious's voice shakes.

"Delly?" Lui asks quietly,his dry lips part ever so slightly.

"Yes?" He replies,trying not to break down then and there.

"I'm scared." He whispers,a certain look in his eyes say it all.
He knows he's not going to make it.

"Don't be, you're going to make it and you'll be okay." Del rushes pressing down harder on the wound,causing Lui to wince.

"Don't." Lui whispers,a pained expression on his face.

"Don't say I'm going to make it. We both know I'm not going to leave this alleyway alive,Jonathan." Lui whispers.

"Yeah."  Jon whispers. "I know."

"I didn't want to go out like this..." Lui's lip trembles.

"I wanted to have a family...and I wanted to grow old with you..." Lui whispers.

"I wanted to see be with my family when I died."

"But at least I'm with you." He continued.

His brown eyes look up to the sky. He's always loved the stars and the moon. When he was a child he wanted to dance and play among them. But the best he can do is stare at them as the life drains from his body.

"Jon? Tell me something good." Lui says quietly,his breaths becoming slower.

"I love you." Jonathan whispers. A small smile appears on Lui's face.

"I love you too,Jonny." He told him.

As lui's heart beat slows,Jon's heart beat quickens as he sees the state Lui's in.

His eyes are glossed over,and they look at Jonathan.His breaths sound strained and tears continue to fall from his eyes.

"Dammit! Where is he!" Jon shouts pressing down harder on Lui,but it's no use. Lui's Fate is certain. He will die in this dark alleyway tonight as his best friend cries.

The faint rumble of tires appears.
"He's coming Lui. He will be here soon." Delirious whispers.

"Promise me something." Lui mumbles,feeling quite tired.

"Anything." Jon whispers.

"Promise me,you won't die the way I did. I want you to...grow old with your future kids and future wife,and I want you to pass away peacefully. I don't want you to die in pain." Lui says,his voice hoarse.

"I promise you. I promise." He replies.
Jonathan removes his hands from Lui's chest,and grips his hand.
He rubs his thumb up and down,trying to comfort the bleeding boy.

The sound of Evans car grows louder,and he will arrive at any moment.

Tears fill Lui's brown eyes once more,before they close shut for the last time.

A small sigh of breath leaves through Lui's mouth.

"Lui?" A small voice asks.his blue eyes glisten ever so slightly as to resemble the entire ocean.
Jonathan's body begins to shake heavily with sobs.
He leans forward and hugs the boys body,as he screams in misery.

"Please,oh God please!" He shouts as if his words could bring him back.

His sobs grow louder as the seconds tick by.

He lets go of the boys body and slams his bloody fists against the ground.

"No! Dammit,Lui! Why didn't you hold on!" He screams through gritted teeth.

His eyes are squeezed shut and tears flood down his face.

He moves off of his knees and sits with his knees near his chest.

His hands clutch his own face as he cries and begs for the boy to come back.

His sobs echo through the alleyways and streets.

Evan arrives not much later.

And it's as soon as he sees the broken,sobbing man crying into his hands,that he realizes that it was too late.
Lui Calibre,died that night,in pain. But by the sound of strangled cries emitting from the blue eyed man,you'd think that he had been the one that was shot.