Delirious- lunch

Fun fact: this is all true,and is what I experienced,and yes a girl really did break a glass door at my school and I did really try to open it.

I laugh along with my friend at the lunch table. Jonathan sits in front of us. He's a friend of ours,or at least he is now. He's my ex but the breakup was mutual. But after around three weeks I began to miss him and have dreams about him, and then the jealous set in.
"You know,I still get to paint your nails." I chuckle at him seeing as he forgot about our bet.
He has always had a problem with looking people in the eye, so I nearly gasp when his eyes meet mine.
The bore into me with an emotion that I really can't read. Normally I'm good at telling emotions through eyes but I've never seen this look. His eyes hold amusement but something else is there too.
He tsks and shakes his head without looking away.
He sighs loudly before drawing out a long no.
"Jon. I'm painting your nails. Either I paint your nails or I do your makeup." I raise my eyebrows, almost challenging him.
"OKAY THEN i want purple nails." He says.
I point at the light purple color on my nails.
"Like this?'' I ask and he looks at my nails.
"No,like this." He points at his nails, and I realize he's talking about the natural purple color under his nails which is just his skin.
"No." I shake my head at him.
"Okay then I want black. Blackest-black. Wait no. I want red. Blood red. Actually I just want blood. Goats blood or humans blood. Either works."
".....no Jonathan. You will have baby blue nails,okay?" I look at him weirdly but after dating him I've learned not to take him seriously.
I glance at my friend as she gets up to go get ramen noodles,leaving us alone.
"I heard you shattered the glass door in the ed building." He rumbles.
I put on a look of betrayal and laugh.
"No! A girl kicked a rock and it went through the door, I simply went to open the door because people were still inside and needed to get out, when it just shattered! Glass fell all over my arm." I say breathlessly.
He smiles softly to himself before chuckling.
"Stupid. You're stupid." He sighs out.
He looks up at me again with that same look in his eyes.
"What ever let me be,JonJon." I say knowing he hates that nickname.

You see, I still like Jonathan. A lot. Too much.
And I think he still likes me for several reasons.
1. He texts me daily
2. He asked my friend for a photo of me, and when he got it he said 'nice I love it.'
3. A boy sitting behind me made me laugh and he looked over at me and glared at the boy.
4. My friend says she saw him checking me out. I don't know how true that it.
5. My friend also said that he said he still likes me.
6. Once when I was on the phone with him, we were talking about our memories and stuff we did while we were dating and I know for a fact I heard him began to say that he missed us- but the he stopped.
7. He still gets shy when I look at him.
8. And lastly I can't help but think that the look in his eyes,is comfort. Calmness.