Lui - waiting

there once was a woman,who would sit at the top of the tallest hill and she would wait.

No one really knew what or who she was waiting for,but every night,rain or snow,she would wait.

for weeks,months,and eventually years. one day a young bot had strayed too far from his family and he found himself at the top of the hill. And he waited for his family to find him.

The woman went along her schedule,and went to the top of the hill at exactly 9:00 pm. She was surprised at first to see a small boy weeping. She went up to the boy and asked him what was wrong. The boy said "Ive lost my family." The woman smiled sweetly and said "I can keep you company until they find you." she offered and the boy nodded.

"I come here every night you know." She chuckles taking a seat next to the child.

"But why?" the boy asked,no longer crying.

"Because im waiting." Her smile shone brightly as she says this.

"What are you waiting for?" the boy questioned.

"Not what my dear...who." She says and looks up to the stars that shine brightly.

"Oh..ok. Who are you waiting for." The child also looks up to the sky in awe.

"The love of my life. he told me to climb to the tallest hill around,and to wait for him. That it may take him some time to arrive,but that one day,he will meet me here." She wipes her eyes as they begin to water.

"And then he disappeared." She whispers.

"When did he tell you all this?" The boy asks.

"The last time I saw him was five years ago... and ive come to this hill,every day,ever since. He will come back for me.. I know he will." She looks down at the boy and gives a weak smile.

"So,is he your prince charming?" The boy asks quietly.

"He is." She responds.

not much longer,the boys parents found him and took him home after thanking the woman for keeping him safe.

And so she sat at the top of that hill,looking around every once and a while,hoping that her prince will arrive soon.

And she waited,and waited,and waited for the a boy who had already moved on.

She waited for a love that would never arrive.