Chapter Four: The First Morning

𝓔𝓓𝓘𝓣𝓔𝓓

A loud audible chime went off throughout the Castle's walls waking everyone up at six o'clock in the morning. One hour till breakfast, an hour to get ready. Ophelia got out of bed and looked around the room as her fellow sixth year Slytherin house mates groaned at the sound of the bell tower.

Ophelia walked towards the door and up the next flight of stairs that took her to the girl's lavatory. She was the only one in the bathroom but she knew that the rest of the fifth, sixth and seventh years would be in there soon.

Ophelia walked towards the nearest stall and went for her morning wee, once she had finished and was washing her hands, she realised that she had left all of her stuff in her bedroom. With a small movement of her hand, her towel, soap, toothbrush and uniform came flying through the door, at sixteen-years-old she was already very skilled in wandless magic, something that Dove and Nicole envied her for.

When everything was sturdily in her hands she walked to the further end of the bathroom where the washrooms were. She walked past the big bathing pool and towards the showers. She opened up the nearest shower and settled everything safely on the back of the door before locking it.

Ophelia opened the curtain to the freshly cleaned shower that hadn't been used in the past couple of months and turned the tap for hot water. Water came shooting out of the shower head just above her and as she waited for the water to warm up, she began to strip herself of her clothes. Just like last night, her usually soft skin was soon covered in goosebumps as the cold morning air and the coldness of the bathroom hit her skin.

When she felt the heat of the shower water hit her she pulled back the curtain and stepped in, closing the curtain all the way and letting the warm water cover her bare body and warming her up. Once she was fully warm she reached for her new bar of soap that her parents had bought her from a small muggle shop the day before she left for Hogwarts.

She carefully wet the soap and once mini bubbles were coming off of it she placed it to her skin gently washing as the soap glided across her skin. As she stayed there under the warm water washing she began to hum a random muggle song that she and Emory had heard on one of their days down Swansea beach.

Her mind raced back to that date that was a muggle bank-holiday Monday at the beginning of August. Ophelia and Emory had woken up early on a Monday morning and went out for breakfast at a small café opposite the beach. They then spent their day on the beach building sandcastles and going swimming as well as doing other muggle things like such as shopping at the little market that was there every summer.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the loud giggles of what Ophelia believed to be first years using the girls' bathroom for the first time.

Ophelia turned off the shower and leaned over to grab her towel from the back of the door. She pulled the towel from under her clothes making sure nothing fell on the floor into the small puddle that dripped from Ophelia's body. She quickly dried herself off and began to put her uniform on. By the time she had finished, there were more girls filling into the bathroom with their towels in hand. Ophelia walked out with her wet towel, soap and night dress along with her dirty underwear.

When Ophelia reached her dormitory two Slytherin girls in her year were already dresses and gossiping about an unknown topic that wouldn't interest Ophelia in the slightest.

Ophelia placed her towel on the chair beside her bed to dry throughout the day and placed her dirty laundry into a small basket on the opposite side of her bed. She then neatly folded her nightgown and placed on her pillow after making her bed.

When she turned around to leave for breakfast the two girls who were gossiping earlier were now, face to face smiling brightly as they stared at her.