Chapter Six: The Slip of a Tear

𝓔𝓓𝓘𝓣𝓔𝓓

After the bijou attack on Malfoy, Ophelia walked alongside Avery and Orion towards the third floor, for their first Charms lesson of the year. As they walked among other Slytherin students who has just witnessed the event in the common room, they overheard the students talking about it some positively and some negatively. As they reached the top of the stairs, Emory, Dove, Nicole, Twyla, Elowen, Morgandy, Starr and Rune all stood at the top staring at Ophelia as she ascended up the stairs. She looked back at Avery who had a guilty look over his face, she gave a harsh glare and turned back towards her friends' faces as they were filled with concern.

"What happened? Who upset you?" Nicole asked, crossing her arms.

"No one, it's fine." Ophelia sighed rolling her eyes as she tried avoiding the conversation.

"She just hexed the Merlin out of Abraxas Malfoy." A fourth-year student said to the group of sixth and seventh years. The fourth-year smiled at the group and proceeded to walk to his first class.

"Ophelia, why?" Morgandy asked.

"Because he hexed Orion!" Ophelia exclaimed.

"No offence, but I think Orion can take care of himself," Emory stated.

"No, he can't. Orion is precious and should not be hurt, and he refused to tell me why he hexed him, so I had to find out for myself. And the whole reason he got hexed was that he defended me, my brother and Dove." Ophelia practically yelled waving her arms to and fro.

"Okay, Lia, less shouting, and why did he have to defend us?" Dove asked trying to calm Ophelia down.

"Malfoy called you a filthy mudblood again," Ophelia whispered.

The whole group was silent and no one spoke. The only noise heard was the noise of the remaining Slytherin students walking to their classes.

Soon enough their silence was interrupted by Tom and the rest of the group.

"Oh look, the group of untalented witches and wizards." Antonin Dolohov, a fifth-year student, who is a part of Tom's little group of 'Death Eaters'.

"Serious, Antonin, I will hex you into next week," Ophelia yelled pulling out her wand and pointing it at the fifth year. The fifth-year stepped back down a couple steps with his hands held up in surrender.

"Now, now, Lia, I don't want to un-hex anyone else," Tom stated, Ophelia's shortened name running off the tip of his tongue. Tom had never called her by her shortened name which came to a complete shock to her and a few of the other Slytherin's.

"Give me my wand, Lockwood." Malfoy spat. His voice was as clear as ever like he hadn't been silenced for the past ten minutes. Ophelia had forgotten that she had his wand inside of her robe.

"Cat finally gave back your tongue then, Malfoy?" Lucretia laughed coming up the stairs, "dare I say, if you ever lay a finger on my brother ever again, I will kill you!"

"Lucretia, leave it, wouldn't want any boils on your skin." Ophelia laughed.

"Just give me my wand, Lockwood," Malfoy yelled.

"Since you asked so nicely." Ophelia handed him his wand with a small sarcastic smile.

"How many times will it take you, to continue to push your luck and hex Orion or anyone for that matter and still not know that I will do it ten times worse?" Ophelia asked.

Malfoy didn't respond. He turned his nose away from her again.

Ophelia shrugged and smiled at no one in particular.