Chapter Fifteen: A Perfect Evening

є∂ιтє∂

The great hall was packed with sixth and seventh years, the hall that usually had four rows of tables now had more space where sixth and seventh years danced alongside one another.

Dove and Rune were amongst the dancers, as they danced to a slow song, the others sat on the side waiting for the rest of their friends to join them.

It didn't take long for Abner to drag Nicole onto the dance floor, Nicole sloppily following his lead. Whilst Abner had the time of his life, Nicole was regretting ever agreeing to go with him.

Avery walked over to Morgandy and Starr who were mid-conversation with Caspian and Daxten.

"Ophelia and Tom are still not here?" He yelled over the music.

Starr and Morgandy both shook their heads.

"Then where the hell are they?" Avery asked himself.

Misty Reeves came marching up to Avery with an angry look on her face.

"You're dancing with me whether you like it or not! You asked me here, so you dance with me," Misty yelled at Avery pulling him by his tie onto the dance floor.

The ball had already been going on for over an hour which left the group of friends wondering where Tom and Ophelia were. They all secretly hoped that Ophelia had a change of heart and backed out last minute, leaving Tom on his own.

Starr and Morgandy started dancing on the side once they stopped speaking to the boys, not caring if they cause attention to themselves.

Dove was leaning against Rune's chest as they continued to slow dance in the middle of the great hall. 

Arkin Lestrange gave Rune a deadly glare but Rune was left unfazed, a Slytherin had never scared him before and one like Lestrange would not do the job either. Dove and Rune joined Nicole and Abner back to the side where the remaining group were sat.

"They're still not here?" Avery came back over dodging between people to find the perfect spot to hide from Misty.

"No, where are they?" Nicole asked.

"Ophelia and Tom have been here the whole time, what are you all on about?" Orion asked.

The whole group turned to Orion, "no, what are you on about?" Avery spoke up.

"Over there," Orion pointed to the opposite side of the great hall, and there much to everyone's surprise was Ophelia and Tom, their heads touching whilst they danced.

Ophelia's emerald dress and Tom's completely black suit didn't stand out that well in the dimly lit hall leaving the whole group pondering how they were ever going to notice.

"Awe Nicole, look. I haven't seen her this happy since the train," Dove smiled.

"What are we looking at?" Emory asked joining the group with Lyra.

"Ophelia and Tom," Orion answered his question.

"Oh Merlin, Orion, shut up," Avery let out.

Emory stood there, staring at Tom and Ophelia whilst they danced, his grip on his glass became tighter when Tom lightly spun Ophelia around and the pair both laughed. 

Emory's heart began to ache, he hasn't seen her this happy in a while, and the guy that was to make her this happy wasn't him, it was non-other than Tom Riddle. 

Emory soon switched back to being happy and turned back to Lyra, smiling down at the small French witch. His emotions towards her were like he was under a spell and he could not pinpoint which one.