Chapter Twenty: A Christmas Train Home and Heartbreaking News

є∂ιтє∂

Christmas. The time when the castle becomes even more beautiful than it already was. Snow all around and the black lake was frozen up. The snow had already set but as it snowed more, the snow on the ground began to rinse inch by inch.

It was the ten o'clock in the morning and students had gathered down in the main hall for breakfast. Those who are staying at the school over Christmas were still in their bed wear whereas those who were going home were fully dressed with their bags by their side.

Christmas was the time when houses didn't sit at their assigned table. They would go off to their friends on another table and sit with them.

Ophelia, Avery and Orion were all sat at the Hufflepuff table with Elowen, Nicole, Franko, Emory and Vincent from Gryffindor. They were also joined by the Ravenclaw lot; Twyla, Morgandy, Abner and Caspian. The group talked amongst themselves about their plans for the Christmas break.

They all talked about what they were looking forward to most for Christmas. Of course, all the Quidditch players hoped for the new Cleansweep Five, the latest broomstick made by the Cleansweep Broom Company.

The others, on the other hand, looked forward to spending time with their families, as most of them were of a large family.

"My dad has booked the whole Christmas break off, he's always so caught up at the Ministry, it's annoying," Rune smiled.

"That's brilliant, you can catch up with each other and tell each other your new interests and other stuff, like how well you're doing in school, and your job offer to permanently work for the school as a full-time healer," Dove smiled and she let slip of Rune's secret.

"No way, mate. Congratulations," Emory smiled placing his arm around Rune's shoulder.

The group all congratulated Rune one by one and Rune rolled his eyes when he looked at a giggling Dove.

"Thank you all, but please don't make a big fuss about it. You all know I don't like being in the spotlight like that," Rune smiled and he played with the apple in his hand, "and please Ophelia, I hope to Merlin you don't come up to Aberystwyth with another broken ankle."

Ophelia and Rune laughed, even Emory, but he kept it on the down low.

"I promise, anyways who goes running on Swansea beach in the winter, you'd must be mad," Ophelia laughed.

"Anyone who goes near a beach must be mad," Nicole said, shaking at the thought of water, one of her biggest fears was open water and drowning in it.

"Still don't know how you manage to stay on the boat in our first year," Ophelia shook her head.

"Oh Merlin, do you remember our boat?" Dove smiled looking up, "it was me, Ophelia, Nicole and Starr, one of my favourite memories ever."

"That was such a good day, I met the three of you in the compartment on the train and we were all doing our best at what little magic we could do," Starr laughed.

"Yes, and then Tom came in briefly and waved because you two somehow already knew each other," Nicole said looking confused.

"How did you two know each other anyways?" Starr asked.

Before Ophelia could say anything Tom sat beside her and spoke for her instead, "we met in

Ollivander's, Dumbledore introduced us as he knew her parents from teaching them when they were here," Tom looked up.

"Oh," Dove let out, "you're going home are you, Tom?"

"If you're calling the Orphanage home, then no," Tom stated.