Chapter Forty-seven: A Forbidden Confession

Tom and his group had just ended another late Friday night meeting.

Throughout the year their meetings had been on variety of topics regarding new member inside and outside of school as well as the murders they have committed.

Tonight's meeting was about the latest murder; Harriet Dillon, a squib living in the English county of Yorkshire.

The Lockwood twins, however, stayed behind after everyone had left.

They were scared, they knew they shouldn't have joined with Tom's groups but it was too late.

When they finally finished their conversation about what they were to do, they headed back to the castle.

Walking through the courtyard they were unaware of the figures coming towards them. With the castle ground being pitch black they did not see the people they had bumped into.

As a result of crashing into someone, Huw and the figure he had collided with both fell to the floor landing on their backsides.

"Merlin's beard!" came the voice of the unknown person, it soon became very clear that the voice was familiar to the two of them.

"Lumos," whispered one of the other figures.

A bright light appeared out of the end of the person's wand revealing the twins to the unknown people and revealing themselves to the twins.

Huw looked to the person who he had crashed into and began to chuckle, sat on the floor was his cousin Ophelia who was already scolding him with the look in her eyes.

Professor Oliphant helped the two up off of the floor and the twins were left to answer to the ancient runes professor, the school healer, Ophelia, Dove, Starr and Nicole.

The group heard the sound of footsteps running towards them but the group of seventh years along with the two senior members of staff didn't bat an eye lid.

Coming to halt as they reached the group, Iakona and Raine smiled as they stepped into the light. Closely followed behind them was Sullivan Fawley, Raine's boyfriend who panting after chasing the girls.

"May I ask what you two are doing out of bed?" Professor Oliphant asked the two boys, his voice was stern and confident, clearly proving effective as they boys began to stutter their answers out.

Iolo coughed to stop Huw from stuttering an excuse, "we could ask you the same thing, professor. Out of bed with a member of staff and with seven students, don't you think that's unprofessional?"

Ophelia laughed as she looked at Iolo, they gave each other a low high five as she felt immense pride run through her, "that's my boy!" she smiled as he looked at her cousins, "but seriously, what were you doing outside of bed?"

"Well?" Professor Oliphant pushed the boys to reveal more.

Huw and Iolo looked at one another to confirm.

"We'll tell you," Iolo looked at the group.

"But not here, somewhere private," Huw nodded his head, "an empty classroom or something."

Emory nodded his head, he could see there was trouble and that they were scared, "very well, follow me, all of you."

The group did what they were told and followed Emory's lead up to the east tower.

They walked along the corridor passing the charms classroom, Emory headed towards the stairs leading up to the Astronomy tower.

The group climbed the stairs, eventually overlooking all of Hogwarts.

"I thought there was a class tonight?" Nicole pondered.

"Yeah Nicole there was, it was our class and its three am, the class finished two hours ago!" Ophelia turned to remind Nicole.

"Jesus Christ, that's how stressed I am over these goddam exams," Nicole shook her head in embarrassment.

Dove laughed at Nicole as the two locked eye contact.

"Right before Nicole murders me, what's wrong?" Dove stopped laughing as she turned to the twins.

"It's Tom," Huw started, "he's created this organisation, you've all heard it in the news, he's murdering muggleborns and squibs, apparently he's the true heir of Slytherin, not Hagrid, he was the one who murdered that Myrtle girl in the chamber of secrets too."

Ophelia's heart sank, she knew he was behind this organisation, but to set up a boy who at the time was only fourteen, she knew that she had to fight back.

Emory looked over to Ophelia with an 'I told you so' look.

"He's got everyone in Slytherin under his spell, everyone but you, Lia, is involved in this group, and a few students from Gryffindor and Ravenclaw are involved too," Iolo looked at the group, "we didn't want to disappoint you, Lia, but we didn't want to be seen as cowards to the rest of the group, and only god knows what Tom would have done to us."

"Boys, I'm not disappointed in you, not one bit, I'm proud that you've come forward to us about this, this is so we can help you," Ophelia grabbed a hold of each of their hands to comfort her cousins, "I've known for a long time Tom was behind this organisation and I've known for a while he was the heir, but now we can finally do something about it. I've been working with Archer and Morgandy to get to the bottom of this, all we need now is a way to get Tom to confess and we can lock him up and stop this from having further actions."

"You knew?" Dove looked to Ophelia, she seemed shocked as though something this big couldn't be put together by three people.

"Yes I did," Ophelia looked at the group, "when the murders first started, everyone in Slytherin, even the twins, didn't address it liked everyone else. It wasn't a topic of discussion at break or lunch, or even in the common room."

"We've been wanting to tell you for so long, even Harlen has, but he's basically Tom's second in command, and he knew Tom would have killed him if he told you," Huw looked at Ophelia, tears were brewing up in his eyes, just by the look of both his and Iolo's face you could tell how scared they actually were.

Ophelia could feel from holding their hands how fast their hearts were racing.

She pulled the two boys in for a hug and looked at the group, "we need to get the old group back together and work this out as a group."

Iakona looked to Raine and then to Ophelia, "I don't know if any of you know, but my brother, Ignatius, he's engaged to Orion's sister, Lucretia, if I can, I'll try and get information out of them."

"That will be great, we need all the help and information we can get," Rune nodded to Iakona.

"Can I just take this moment to say, I told you so?" Emory looked at everyone, "cause, I told you so!"

"Piss off, Emory."