Chapter Forty-two: A Sour Shock

It had been a week since the storm had kept the group at the Oliphant household, and within that week the group had spent all the time they had free together.

They knew they'd never get this chance to be young again as the older group were in jobs and within the next year the younger members will be in jobs too.

The group planned to meet at Diagon Alley to collect the new seventh year's last remaining equipment and books needed for the new school year and to see Felix at his new job in Sugarplum's Sweet shop.

For once the group wasn't waiting on Ophelia, who usually tended to be late no matter what time they agreed to meet, instead they were waiting on Archer who was working overtime at the Auror's office at the ministry.

While they waited, the group walked around from shop to shop collecting the items that those who were in school needed. They also helped Olivia get her new uniform and her last remaining essentials for the new Quidditch season.

Olivia was extremely grateful that her brother had finished school as she could finally (hopefully) join the quidditch team in the position of the seeker, a position she was unsuccessful at getting due to her brother being more skilled than her in previous years.

Emory insisted that Olivia was to go for try-outs this year as he wanted to see his sister play live in action, it took a while but Olivia was finally convinced by the help of Nicole and Geraldine.

The group walked out of Quality Quidditch Supplies and headed towards the entrance to the Leaky Cauldron to meet with Archer.

Ophelia was at the back of the group with Morgandy, Nicole and Starr, they were in an intense conversation regarding Ophelia's relationship with non-other than Tom Riddle.

They heard Emory at the front of the group comment on how Knockturn Alley gave him the hibby jibbies as they walked past the turn leading to the dark arts shops.

Morgandy shrugged it off and went to talking about Tom with the three girls, "so, you were sa–," Morgandy was cut off by Ophelia.

"Speaking of the devil," Ophelia whispered as she pulled the girls by the turning into Knockturn Alley, she pointed to Borgin and Burkes and out stepped Tom Riddle himself, "what's he doing there?"

Following Tom out of the dark and mysterious shop was his notorious group of friends; Harlen, Arkin, Orion and Abraxas and a few others, Odgar Nott, Lachlann Selwyn, Quinten Rosier, Thornfinn Rowle and Antonin Dolohov.

"Merlin's beard, I didn't think Tom knew them," Nicole gasped as they continued to watch the group.

"Nick, they share a dorm together and sit on the Slytherin table with us, of course they're going to know each other," Ophelia turned to Nicole.

"Also, isn't Odgar and Lachlann in you defence against the dark arts class?" Morgandy asked.

Starr nodded, "yeah, and Lachlann, Quinten and Thornfinn are in our care of magical creatures' class," Starr looked up to Morgandy.

"Wait," Ophelia's already quite whisper grew quieter, "what in the name of Merlin is Huw and Iolo doing with them?"

"I swear your cousins hated Tom," Morgandy looked at Ophelia, "so what the bloody hell are they doing there, smiling and laughing with that group of boys of all people?"

"I don't know but I tell you something, I'm going to find out," Ophelia said through gritted teeth, "all I know is that this has something to do with Tom, he's been up to no good lately, he's been acting funny."

"We should go," Starr looked ahead to where the rest of the group walked off to, "they'll be wondering where we are."

"Yeah, but girls please promise not to tell anyone, we need to keep this between us," Ophelia sighed, "I'd hate to give Emory the satisfaction that Tom was doing something shady."

"Of course, Lia," Nicole gave her a weak smile and placed her hand on her arm.

Ophelia thanked the girls and they quickly rushed to catch up with the rest of the group.

Emory was the first to groan as he saw the four of them running towards him and the rest of the group, "there you four are, where on earth did you go?"

"Oh, we saw someone from school," Morgandy shrugged.

"Who?" Abner questioned as he looked at Nicole.

"Ophelia's cousins, Huw and Iolo," Nicole confirmed, at least she wasn't somewhat lying.

"Oh god, those boys are awful," Olivia rolled her eyes.

"I know, they get it from my aunt," Ophelia agreed, "anyways, Archer how's training?"

"Yeah it's great, I see you finally took my advice and signed up," Archer smiled.

The group looked at Ophelia and sighed sighs of relief, some of them even saying 'thank merlin'.

"Yeah, well I was at my dad's office and I had spoken to him about it so he gave me the signup sheet and the papers to fill out," Ophelia shrugged, "anyways enough about me, let's get going before Sugarplum's closes."

The group began to walk and headed back to Sugarplum's sweet shop, walking back past Knockturn Alley, they check to see if Tom, Ophelia's cousins, and the rest was still there but they had moved quickly.

They walked up to the bright pink shop and opened the door which was surprisingly not busy.

Felix came out from the back when he heard the door open, as soon as he saw the group he had a great big smile on his face, "oh my god, guys, I can't believe you actually came to see me!"

"Anything for our beloved cousin," Franko smiled as he Felix hugged Geraldine and Nicole.

"And anything for my brother," Geraldine smiledas she playfully punched Felix on his shoulder.