Chapter Thirty-One: A First Victory and an Injured Morgandy

є∂ιтє∂

After her use of one of the unforgivable curses, Lyra's trial went down like a shit storm. Edvard told Ophelia and her friends that she would be likely to be sent to Azkaban for seven years, she was to be trialled as a minor, but this wasn't the case. Lyra had already turned seventeen, she was of age, she knew what she was doing was wrong. Lyra was tried as an adult, as an of age witch, and when the jury found her guilty, she was sentenced to 15 years in Azkaban.

Lyra's trial shook the school, nobody was expecting it. Ophelia's name grew more common in the students' conversations, she was well known and everyone knew not to mess with her. First-year Slytherin's would admire Ophelia in the common room, at the Slytherin table, in the corridors, they all wanted to be her. Ophelia hated this. Her friends did not.

The growing attention put a strain on her studies, affecting her as she was no longer able to concentrate, her relationships with her friends were different, she was more distant. Tom Riddle was the only person to notice this, and so he did his best to support her. He helped her with her studies and when exams came she excelled, she knew the answer for everything that came up, and after the last exam of the year, Potions Component 2: Written, Ophelia felt more confident than ever before. As a result of the pair spending more time together, their relationship grew stronger and stronger as they bonded more than they ever did before, acknowledging each other's faults in the past which caused their friendship to be so limited.

The lunch hall was practically empty as most of the students had gone down to the pitch to get the best seats and to make beats worth a lot more than the school allowed. Sat on the Slytherin table in the great hall was the Gryffindor and Ravenclaw Quidditch team. Today was the last match of the year, the most talked-about match since Ravenclaw's comeback. The two teams were currently tied so the match was called to determine the winner.

Students had placed their bets on who they thought was going to win, after all it was the biggest Quidditch rivalry the school had ever seen; the final Ravenclaw versus Gryffindor match for the seventh years. This match was to determine who was better once and for all. The seventh years who had been rivals on the pitch for the past four years were ready and waiting to finish this for the last time, their last match whilst at school.

Morgandy, Abner, Archer, Caspian were anticipating the match against Emory, Edison, Theodore, Vincent, Franko, and Elowen. So, Nicole decided to ask each of them to build their dream Quidditch team, let's say it wasn't Nicole's finest idea. Luckily, the Slytherin and Hufflepuff friends were sat between the two teams, keeping them apart before they kill each other before the match even begins. The debate got so heated they didn't realise lunch was over and that it was time for the final match.

"I hate to interrupt you," Professor Dumbledore smiled at the group, "but I think there are people waiting for the match to begin."

The two teams rushed out of their seats and out of the great hall whilst their friends remained seated and laughed at Dumbledore who looked utterly shocked as to all the teenagers running past him.

"Think you may want to go after them, you know how fast their games can be," the professor smiled and the remaining group rushed as well.

Once they got there, a number of the group were out of breath and the game had already started, with Ravenclaw leading 50-10.

"My god, they're actually going to win," Avery laughed as he looked at Nicole.

Nicole wasn't impressed her brother was the best keeper this school had seen and he was missing shots from fourth and fifth years. When his team finally had the ball going up to the other side of the pitch he looked at Nicole with a shocked look and turned his focus back to the game.

Emory wasn't happy either he looked frustrated as to why the game wasn't over and as to why they were losing. Ravenclaw had definitely stepped up their game in the new year, and Gryffindor didn't like it.

Ophelia and Tom got bored of the match as it just kept going on, the snitch wasn't to be seen anywhere so they sat on the bench alongside Rune and Dove who too lost interest in the match. There were yells every now and again from their friends who were rooting for either one of the teams, but other than that the four didn't seem to pay attention to it all. It wasn't until Starr screamed that the group jumped up, they looked around and realised the crowd was silent and everyone looked utterly shocked.

Emory flew over to the group, "Starr she's fine, it's just a bit of blood."

"Emory, get back to on the pitch!" Nicole yelled.

"Nicole, your friend is hurt!" Emory yelled back.

"And Marjorie Joseph has done it again!" the commentator asked.

Emory snapped his head around and saw the Ravenclaw team hugging Marjorie who was holding onto the snitch, "oh!"

"RAVENCLAW WINS!" the commentator yells, "this is the first time they have won against Gryffindor in ten-years!"

"Well good for them, well done Twyla," Emory smiled and shook Twyla's hand, "now, I'm going to see if Morg is okay!"

As Emory flew down to the bottom of the pitch Starr was already there with the injured Morgandy. All the others had rushed down too and found Morgandy with blood rushing down her face. With a few quick swishes of his wand Rune had healed Morgandy in no time and the rest of Ravenclaw house had run onto the field to celebrate this victory.

"Well done, you," Olivia, Emory's little sister smiled up at him.

"Were you paying attention, Liv?" Emory asked.

"Yes, I know you saw the snitch, you did this so they could win," Olivia beamed up at her brother, "I'm so proud to call you my brother, Em."

"Yeah, I would be too," Emory laughed down at his sister.

"Your dad jokes suck, Emory," Abner laughed as he came up and hugged him.

"Well done, mate, you deserve it!" Emory congratulated Abner.

"All thanks to our brilliant captain, Morgandy Crook everyone!" Abner yelled and earned cheers from the entire Ravenclaw house and those of the other houses.