Chapter Thirty-Six: The Seventh Years' Last Journey

The train cabin that is usually filled with just girls was now a small group of mixed friends. Twyla left the group to be with her new boyfriend, Enoch Taylor, and his friends. Elowen had left to be with fellow seventh year Gryffindors, Thelma, Irene, Gloria, Doris, June and Parisa as the train ride was the last time they'd be together as seventh years.

Ophelia, Dove, Nicole, Morgandy, Starr, Tom, Avery, Orion, Emory, Abner and Rune were all in the girl's usual cabin as they all chatted about the past school year and what their plans were for the summer.

Ophelia sat between Tom's legs on the bench as they travelled along the quiet English countryside, they were roughly half an hour away from Kings Cross and for the twentieth time that day the group erupted into laughter at something Orion had said about his cousin and the four seventh years looked at each other.

"I'm going to miss this," Morgandy gave a sad smile as she looked down at Starr who was lying in her lap, "I'll miss it a lot."

"Seventh year won't be as good as sixth," Dove shook her head, "however, I am dating the new nurse, so that's kind of good."

"I'm not a nurse," Rune rolled his eyes as he smiled at Dove.

"Well, me and Starr are dating Ministry workers," Nicole smiled at Abner as he kissed her hand.

Through all his faults and the constant complain from Nicole, she finally saw the good in him and agreed to go out on a date.

"Wait, who does Starr go out with? Is it Daxten?" Orion asked as he looked around the group.

"Okay, Orion your blindness is killing me, it's pretty obvious that Starr and Morgandy go out." Avery pointed between the two.

"But, how did you realise?" Morgandy asked.

"Halloween ball, when I escaped Misty, I saw you two dancing, kind of bummed, cause you're both hot," Avery shrugged.

"Oh, how charming, Harlen, if I was straight, I'd definitely date you," Morgandy laughed.

"What happened with you and Misty?" Emory asked.

"Misty is a control freak, who is obsessed with Tom, no thanks," Avery shook his head, "oh and the whole not being a disgrace to my family by keeping the bloodline pure."

"Of course," Ophelia shook her head, "straight Morgandy is crying right now."

"Okay if you're turning against me, let's talk about Orion's blood purity," Avery turned to Orion, "Tom, would you like to inform us of who Orion is dating?"

"Walburga Black," Tom looked at Orion, "his own cousin."

"Dude, that's gross," Rune looked at him.

"She's my second cousin, it's not that weird," Orion protested.

"She's still your cousin, its weird full stop!" Abner yelled.

"I understand, that it is weird, but both of our parents will disapprove and it's not like Avery or Malfoy have any sisters," Orion rolled his eyes.

"Ophelia, list all the other completely pure-blooded girls in our school please," Emory shook his head.

"Well there's Iakona Prewett, a really good friend of ours," Ophelia smiled.

"No, her brother goes out with my sister," Orion leaned his back against the cabin door.

"How about Charity Carrow?" Ophelia asked.

"Oh god, do you not know that the Black and Carrow families hate each other with a passion? Give me a break, Lockwood," Orion rolled his eyes.

"Woah, calm down, maybe the incestuous relationship between you and your cousin may be the only option," Ophelia crossed her arms.

"I'm sorry Lia, but I don't want to be a disgrace to my family, I'll be burnt off the tapestry and be the laughing stock of the family," Orion reasoned with her.

"I understand Orion, my ancestors know how that feels," Ophelia gave Orion a small smile.

"What?" Morgandy asked.

"Orion, is my fourth cousin, twice removed," Ophelia nodded.

"How does that work out?" Abner asked.

"My great-great-great-great grandparents are Orion's great-great-great grandparents," Ophelia explained.

"So why was your family disowned by the Blacks?" Abner asked.

"Morgana Black, my many great grandmother, Orion's great aunt, married my many great granddad, Alwyn, who was a dirty pureblood and therefore she was seen as a disgrace."

"How many other pure-bloods are you related to?" Nicole asked.

"Well, I'm related to the Black's on my dad's side, so if you count the families that the Black's have been married to, at the top of my head I can think of four, however there are many more. And on my mum's side of the family one. Although if you count my ancestors on both Lockwood and Driscoll families the closest I can give you at the moment is seven," Ophelia smiled.

"So, what families are you related to?" Starr asked.

"Black, Gamp, Yaxley, Flint and Prewett, with obviously Lockwood and Driscoll," Ophelia counted on her fingers as she made sure she listed the correct ones.

"Are you related to Iakona then?" Emory questioned as he seemed surprised.

"Technically yes," Ophelia raised her eyebrow, "she's like my sixth cousin, and has been removed four times, so technically no at the same time."

"And we're coming to a stop," Emory stood up.

Outside the window were parents here to pick up their children and to welcome them home for the summer.

"I'll meet you out there," Ophelia smiled to Tom, Rune and Dove as they all left the cabin.

It was only Ophelia and Emory in the cabin, and everything felt normal.

"Emory, just because you're my teacher now, that doesn't mean I want things to weird with us," Ophelia started, "you're one of my closest friends Em, and we both know I'm going to excel in your subject, but please try not to be as harsh on Tom as you have been this year, I know you have a great discomfort for him."

"Lia, I promise I'll be a fair teacher, also you better be my top student otherwise me helping you to revise has gone to waste. And I don't want things to be weird around us either, you too are one of my closest friends, and I don't want to lose you anymore than I already have," Emory pulled Ophelia in for a hug. She felt safe whenever she was with him but for now this will be the last time she does feel safe.

Ophelia pulled away, "good, I know you'll do well as our teacher, and even if we all meet up in the summer I want to be normal, like we were in my second year. You need to cut your hair; you'll look more professional with a tidy haircut."

"Thanks, Lockwood, you've always known how to boss me about," Emory smiled.

"Come on Emory, mum and dad are waiting!" Olivia ran in, clearly annoyed with her brother.

"Congrats on becoming a prefect, Liv, definitely give Emory a run for his money," Ophelia smiled as she gave Olivia a quick hug.

"Thanks Lia, I'll see you some time over summer?" Olivia asked.

"Yeah, I'll see you two soon," Ophelia smiled as the two Oliphant's walked out the room, she grabbed her trunk and made her way to the exit of the train.

The only two people on the platform was Tom and Ophelia, Tom smiled at her as they ran through the barrier together.

"We better hurry, trains about to leave," Ophelia smiled as she began to run over to small bridge to the opposite platform.

As they entered the train, the conductor closed the door behind them. They found Dove and Rune and placed their luggage up above them.

"What took you so long?" Rune asked.

"I told Emory he needed a haircut," Ophelia smiled.

"Of course you did."