Chapter Eight: The Begrudged Boy

𝓔𝓓𝓘𝓣𝓔𝓓

A month and a half had passed since the prophecy had happened, but the days leading up to the first event of the prophecy had Starr and Morgandy anxious, in the prophecy they did not see how Ophelia would react.

It was the morning of Friday, October twenty-second, one day before the start of the prophecy. Unaware of what will happen in two days, Ophelia sat at the Slytherin table picking at her food whilst she listened to Tom babble on about something.

The next thing she knew was Headmaster Dippet was standing at the Owl stand, grabbing everyone's attention.

"As some of you know, every year on October thirty-first we hold a Hallowe'en Feast. This will still happen, but it will be for first years up to fifth years only," there was a huge uproar of complaining sixth and seventh-year students whilst the lower years cheered, "settle down, please. The sixth and seventh years will be attending the Hallowe'en Ball, from seven pm to twelve am on Halloween night. Sixth and Seventh-year students will be going on a trip to Hogsmeade next Friday, a permission slip has been sent out via owl. That is all."

Students from the seventh and sixth years cheered whilst the lower years were the ones now complaining.

Half of Tom's gang of Death Eaters all groaned in frustration.

"I don't dance!" Malfoy partially yelled.

"Even if you did, who would dance with you anyways?" Ophelia laughed. Everyone who heard Ophelia's reply to Malfoy laughed, even Tom.

"Aika," Arkin Lestrange called down to the Japanese sixth year. She quickly turned around her long black hair catching her friend in her face, she smiled at him, "want to go to the ball with me?"

Aika's friends giggled while Aika nodded agreeing to go with him.

"Okay," Arkin smiled.

"That gentlemen and Ophelia," Arkin paused and glared at Ophelia for a split second, "is how you get a date," he laughed.

Some of his friends laughed, whilst another's like Tom and Avery didn't react. Ophelia just scoffed in disgust.

"What's your problem, Lockwood? Just because you and Emory do everything together," Arkin spat.

"Don't get lippy with me, Lestrange. You'll ask anyone out now that Dove and Rune are all over each other, you're just jealous that other people are happier than you," Ophelia spat back.

Tom grew amused, she was always commenting on his follower's insecurities, he liked that she knew how exactly get to them and leave them speechless like she just did with Lestrange.

Lestrange tried to answer her back but he was left a stuttering mess.

Breakfast was almost over and Ophelia watched as Dove and Rune walked out of the Great Hall together. She caught Lestrange staring at them envy clear in his eyes. She was about to get up and meet Emory to walk to class together when, he stood up and left with Lyra, talking and smiling. She knew that Emory didn't like her so why was he walking with her?

"Do you want to go to the forbidden forest with me now, just us?" Ophelia asked Tom.

Tom looked at her surprised, "you want to spend time with me, on your own?" Tom asked.

"Yes, so are you coming?" Ophelia asked standing up and grabbing her Monster Book of Monsters.

Tom nodded and stood up also grabbing his book, he waved goodbye to the group of Slytherin boys and caught up to Ophelia as they walked out the great hall.