Chapter Thirty-Eight: Chapel Street and the Beach

The train came to a stop in the coastal town of Swansea. Ophelia and Tom grabbed their luggage and bid their goodbyes to Rune and Dove. Ophelia hugged the two and Tom was forced into a hug by Dove whereas Rune gave Tom a firm handshake as they rushed off the train.

When they were off, the two waved Dove and Rune off as the train left the station and started the long journey to Aberystwyth.

"How far is your house from here?" Tom asked as he looked around the station.

"It's just up the road," Ophelia smiled.

The two walked through the building where people buy their tickets and wait for the train if there was to be bad weather.

"It's like a ten-minute walk, and with all this luggage we should probably get the bus," Ophelia nodded her head towards the bus.

"We'd better hurray before it leaves then," Tom said as he began to run.

Ophelia was caught off guard, she quickly readjusted her grip on her trunk and made sure Achromatic was safe under her arm.

Tom was in line for the bus as people were boarding.

"What shall I do about Achro? They won't let her on!" Ophelia looked up at Tom with concern.

"Take my jumper from around my waist and cover her," Tom took Ophelia's trunk from her as she untied Tom's jumper.

Ophelia covered Achro and cuddled her into her chest. Tom handed her his change for his bus ticket.

"Where do you want to get dropped off?" the conductor asked as Tom and Ophelia stepped on the bus.

"Chapel street please," Ophelia smiled.

"That's a half penny for the two of you," the conductor smiled as he handed Ophelia their tickets.

Ophelia handed over a halfpenny and the two thanked him and walked to the nearest available seats.

Achromatic crawled out from under Tom's jumper and the two began to scratch behind her ear.

"You're the most stereotypical witch going," Tom let out a low chuckle.

"How so?" Ophelia furrowed her eyebrows.

"You have a black cat and you rode your broom up to Aberystwyth high above the clouds," Tom looked Ophelia in the eye and have her a toothy side smile.

"How did you know?" Ophelia squinted her eyes.

"Me and Dove were waiting for out interviews together and she told me then," Tom nodded his head as he continued to scratch Archomatic's hear.

"Chapel street!" The bus conductor yelled.

"Come on, Riddle," Ophelia laughed at Achro's face as she stood up quickly and grabbed her trunk.

The two walked off the bus and Tom looked around once the bus drove off.

"This is a nice area," Tom said as he put his hand up to block the sun from his eyes.

Ophelia laughed as she crossed the street leaving Tom on his own as a few cars drove past.

She walked up the tiny hill and ran to her front door.

Tom came running behind her as she took the key that her parents hid under the plant pot.

"You're so annoying," Tom panted.

"Welcome to the Lockwood residence in the day time," Ophelia smiled as Achro jumped out of her arms and walked into the living room.

"You are aware that I've been here in the day before," Tom rolled his eyes as he closed the door.