Chapter Twenty-Three: The Plan

"Absolutely not!" Emory yelled, slamming his fist on the table. His face was flushed a deep shade of red, his jaw clenched and his whole body became tense.

"Emory, calm down, mate. I know you hate him, but it's not a bad idea," Abner tried to sooth Emory to make him less angry but what Abner said made Emory even more angry.

"Are you kidding me, Abner?" Emory turned to his friend, "there is no way Tom Riddle is helping us, we can do it on our own, a Legilimens spell isn't that difficult to perform. Hell, Ophelia could do it in her sleep."

"It's not as easy as that, Emory," Ophelia sighed looking up at him with pity, "a Legilimens spell can only work properly with me within the last twenty-four hours. Maddox was killed nearly two weeks ago."

"Your point is?" Emory pushed Ophelia for the answer which caused Ophelia to become bitter.

"Look, Emory, I know full well you don't like him so does everyone else, but Tom is our best and only option." Ophelia spat out.

"How though, Lia?" Nicole asked softly.

"Tom is an extremely gifted Legilimens," Ophelia said which caused the whole group to look at each other in shook, "do you all remember when I asked to you learn Occlumency? That's why."

"Tom could get the truth out of her with a click of his fingers," Morgandy said, a smile started to appear on her face.

As did smiles appear on everyone else's but Emory's.

"I hate him, but if we can get the truth out of Clarissa, then," Emory paused, he hesitated for a bit but he soon spoke back up, "then, I'm in."

The rest of the group nodded and Ophelia smiled.

"Do you all think you'll be able to come to my house on New Year's Eve?" Ophelia asked looking from person to person.

The group once again nodded and Dove spoke up, "I love your parent's New Year's Eve celebration, we always have a fun time, don't we Nick?"

Nicole nodded her head and smiled, "last year was the best yet, although we nearly got caught by the muggles."

Ophelia, Emory, Dove and Nicole all laughed as they remembered the events of the beginning of the year.

"Man, I here so much about that, I can't wait," Abner smiled.

"We're not there to have fun, Abner," Ophelia said.

Before Abner could protest Emilio came out with one of his waitresses. They both placed the first four plates in front of Starr, Morgandy, Nicole and Ophelia, and went back to the kitchen to get the remaining plates.

Morgandy looked down at her plate to see that her piece of toast had the Scottish flag shaped on it. When Emilio came back she looked at him and smiled, and Emilio gave back a small smile and nodded his head.

"That's his way of apologising," Rune laughed as he dug into his food along with everyone else.

Morgandy joined in and laughed to as she shook her head and took a bite out of her toast.

"You're an actual freak, Morgandy!" Starr exclaimed, which caused weird glances from the group.

It wasn't until Nicole realised what was wrong that she let out a 'ugh' sound, "how on earth can you eat dry toast? What is wrong with you?"

The group was once again left in fits of giggles as they continued to golf down their much awaited breakfast.

"So how do you know for sure Tom will answer you and come to help us?" Morgandy asked.