Chapher Nineteen: The Slip of a Tongue

є∂ιтє∂

"We'd best get going before all the Slytherins see us coming out," Ophelia said looking at the clock on the wall.

"Why?" Orion asked.

"Dinner, Orion," Ophelia smiled.

The large group all stood up and made their way to the door.

"Wait Emory isn't your birthday in two days' time?" Abner asked, "and Elowen, wasn't your birthday yesterday?"

"Yes," Elowen and Emory both said in unison.

"Merlin's beard, we should throw a party." Abner started dancing around on the spot.

No one answered him and Nicole pushed him over onto a box of candles.

Emory and Tom both watched where he landed and where the box of candles moved, showing a thing gap going around like a square on the flow. You could faintly see the glow off of the crystal ball that was placed in the floor.

Emory and Tom both had the same idea but never thought of it out loud, it was a race to see who could read that ball first. As Emory helped Abner up, Ophelia led the way out of the room, when the door opened Peeves was in their way.

"Ooh, I knew it," Peeves giggled and flew around the small space, "I knew you had found the secret room that our dear friend Mopsus was hiding here."

"Peeves, you dare say anything and I will tell the Baron what you did on June 21st last year," Ophelia threatened.

"Bye-bye, Miss Lockwood and friends," Peeves waved and vanished into thin air.

"What did he do?" Dove asked.

"Nothing, he just thinks he's done something," Ophelia laughed and they all walked to the stairway out of the dungeons.

They all proceed to walk to the great hall.

When they arrived, the hall was already quite full, with Arkin, Malfoy and Antonin sitting at the Slytherin table looking at Ophelia, Tom, Avery and Orion.

"We'll see you guys later," Ophelia smiled and waved her friends off.

The group separated into their houses and went off to their tables after they said their brief goodbyes.

Before Ophelia could walk to her table Starr came running and pulled her back. Tom raised an eyebrow and Ophelia shook her head, insisting that he, Avery and Orion go on without her.

Starr pulled her to the statue by the entrance to the great hall. "I've had to move your prophecy and hide it in a different place," Starr whispered, her voice was full of concern.

"What? Why?" Ophelia asked.

"Tom and Emory. They know about the prophecies, you know that already but they know that your prophecy that involves them. And they're not going to stop at will until they find it and learn about what your future holds." Starr stuttered, she was shaking with nerves, the fear in her eyes was evident.

"Is it still in the room?" Ophelia asked.

"No," Starr whispered.

Ophelia nodded her head and she walked back into the hall with Starr. They bid each other goodbye and went off to their tables. Looking back at each other as the concern rose between the pair.

"What was that about?" Dove asked as Starr sat down next to her

"Tom and Emory are on to Ophelia," Starr whispered.

"There's no need to whisper, I already know," Rune spoke as he turned his body to the girls.

"How?" Starr became fanatic, sweat began to form in the palms of her hands.

"I accidentally let it slip. He only knows as much as myself and Ophelia knows."

"No more letting it slip for anyone." Starr sighed.

"Who else knows?" Rune asked.

"Tom and Emory. Morgandy let slip about it to Emory earlier on today, and Ophelia lost control of her Occlumency when she was panicking earlier on, and Tom saw mostly everything," Starr laid her head on the table and let out a loud and very audible groan, which cause a few stares from the people around them.

"I didn't know Tom could use Legilimency," Rune let out as he looked over to the Slytherin table. He locked eyes with Tom for a brief second but quickly diverted his attention back to his girlfriend and Starr.

"Yes, he is very skilled and powerful at it, that's why Ophelia trained us all with Occlumency, so he cannot see what Ophelia has done. But, it's always Ophelia who slips when controlling it. It's like she's in love with him or under his spell but she's not," Starr said, her head still on the table and her voice was barely audible.

Dove and Rune looked at each other. Dove knew that deep down, Ophelia did love Tom. For all his flaws, she was the only who could love him for who he truly was. She saw past all the evil things he's done and said, she saw past his decision to be friends with such vile creatures. She saw the good in him, and that's what they were scared of. She was too naïve when it came to Tom Riddle.

Ophelia sat down at her table and went straight for the food.

"Ophelia, please help us tell Malfoy, that we are telling the truth on where we have been these last few hours," Avery smiled at Ophelia.

"Well, where did you say we were? Because you could be lying to them," Ophelia smiled back as she raised her eyebrows.

"We were at the Quidditch pitch remember," Avery duly said.

"That's wrong," Ophelia said taking a bite out of her bacon, Malfoy folded his arms and looked at Avery with a wide smirk plastered on his face, "we were playing tag on the team's broomsticks, therefore, we were in the sky."

Malfoy's face dropped and Avery and Orion straightened their posture, smiling to themselves.

"Either way Malfoy, are you questioning me? Are you not trusting my word?" Tom asked Malfoy, who was quick to shake his head no and let out inhuman whimpers.

Ophelia and Tom locked eye-contact, Ophelia winked up to him with a smile on her face as they tried not to laugh at Malfoy's inhuman sounds.

On the Gryffindor table, the reunited team were celebrating their victory against Ravenclaw.

Nicole and Franko sat at the end of the table smiling talking about what Franko was going to do after Hogwarts.

"You know, Nick, I have no idea what I'm going to do, I'm like mum and dad all over again," Franko smiled.

"No surprise, but maybe for the first year you could help Jaron control his magic before he comes to Hogwarts."

Franko and Nicole laughed, "what train him to be a Gryffindor?" Franko asked.

"Yes, we want to keep the siblings in the same house of course. We don't want to turn out like Elowen and Twyla now," Nicole smiled and looked over to Elowen.

"Woah, Nicole. Not everyone can be brave like you and your brother here. Although I would have preferred it if Twyla came into Gryffindor, but she is very smart. Just the Ravenclaw stereotype," Elowen said pointing her fork at Nicole and Franko.

"I cannot believe Abner is in there, he does not fit the stereotype at all," Nicole rolled her eyes.

"The hat takes into consideration on what house you want; it listens to your heart," Elowen shrugged.

"I never knew that," Nicole pondered. As Nicole sat there pondering on what Elowen had told her, the rest of the table around her raised their glasses and cheered once again for Gryffindor.