Chapter Twenty-Eight: King's Cross Station

є∂ιтє∂

It was January third and the time had come for the young wizards and witches of Great Britain and Ireland to begin their new term at Hogwarts, advancing their magical ability and exciting others for the continuation of the Quidditch house cup. 

Defying her promise to meet at an earlier time, Ophelia strolled towards Tom Riddle holding her pet cat, Achromatic, in her carrier in her left hand whilst dragging her trunk behind her in her right hand. As she stopped in front of him she was greeted with a harsh look from Tom. She looked up at the clock and saw the time was quarter to ten. 45 minutes late. It explains the look.

Ophelia smiled up at Tom, who was slightly taller than her, in order to win him over and earn a similar facial expression back. In true Tom Riddle fashion, his stern look and pursed lips didn't budge as he continued to stare down at Ophelia in a disapproving fashion.

The young pair were meant to meet for breakfast at nine o'clock, and much to Tom's dismay he had been waiting there for more than an hour. Many people had passed Tom on their way in, those who had only been dropping off relatives and friends walked passed Tom again after the trains departed, giving him weird looks. One man even offered Tom money when he saw Tom's trunk, too which Tom insisted he wasn't homeless, but the wealthy looking man didn't budge and handed Tom 10 pounds, which was a lot of money. He insisted that Tom bought a suit and stopped walking around London in his 'dressing gown'.

"You're forty-five minutes late, Lockwood," Tom stated.

"That's early for me," Ophelia shrugged, "I nearly missed the train in September, I was running through here at five to eleven trying not to get caught up by muggles."

"If you're still looking for a New Year's resolution, I think improving your timekeeping is definitely a main priority," Tom said.

"I'll consider it," Ophelia replied.

Tom let out a low laugh and wrapped his arm around Ophelia's shoulder. He grabbed his trunk and the pair walked inside, walking over to the trolley station to grab a trolley for their luggage. Grabbing the first trolley, Tom placed his trunk on the trolled, quickly turning around to grab Ophelia's trunk doing the same to hers as he did to his. And finally, taking Achromatic's cage and placing it on top of both of their trunks.

"Breakfast!" Ophelia exclaimed as she jumped on the trolley.

Tom shook his head as he began pushing Ophelia down the foyer, heading towards the ramp to take them onto platform eight. Ophelia began to play with Achromatic through the small gaps in her cage. Pulling cat treats out of the little bag in her robe pockets and handing them over to Achro through the bars.

Outside of the cafe were trolley's lined up against the wall, all stacked with countless of trunks and animals. Ophelia instantly recognised Rune's owl, Copper. Ophelia smiled and stroked him through the cage. Ophelia had to second look the name on the trunk below Rune's, and instantly worried about the tension in the cafe already.

Walking through the door with Tom trailing behind her, Ophelia saw her friends all sat on a long table with Tom's friends. Avery and Orion already got on with the group, but Malfoy and Lestrange, on the other hand, didn't.

The waitress who was taking down orders looked at Ophelia and Tom, recognising the similar uniforms and asked, "are you two with these?"

Ophelia looked to Tom who was nodding at the waitress. The waitress pulled up another table next to Avery and Nicole. "Full English?" she asked.

Ophelia nodded, "one with hot chocolate and cream and the other with a black coffee," Ophelia smiled, "and no mushrooms and tomatoes on the one please."