Epilogue

є∂ιтє∂

Darkness. The darkness that loomed over Ophelia and her friends had caused a riff among her and Morgandy. The two hadn't spoken once in the six months since Abner and Starr were both murdered in cold blood. All of their friends were concerned for both of them. They were both grieving, they were both in pain, and because of this they couldn't face each other, let alone be in the same room without either one of them crying.

Ophelia sat on the rock wall of Swansea beach, looking out into the sea where the tide was high and the waters were harsh. It was the middle of winter and the weather was rough, the rain was hammering down but Ophelia didn't care. She didn't have a coat on, but she couldn't feel the cold as her whole body was numb.

Harlen sat beside her, wrapping a coat around her shoulders. "You're a fucking idiot, Lockwood," Harlen sighed. "You could catch hypothermia and die."

"Does it matter if I live or die?" Ophelia asked. Harlen remained quiet. "The two people who would help and guide me in a situation like this aren't here to help. One of them is dead because of me, and the other hasn't spoken to me in six months."

"Morgandy doesn't hate you Ophelia," Harlen spoke up. Ophelia scoffed. "I'm serious Lia," Harlen turned to face her, "she loves you so much, Ophelia. She's still grieving, and when she sees you, it makes it hurt more. She told me there's nothing more that she wants on this earth to be able to speak to you and hug you and not see Starr, but she can't do that right now, Lia. You need to give her time."

Ophelia didn't say anything. "Lia, both you and Morgandy are going through the same thing," Harlen continued, "unlike Theo and Nicole, you and Morg can't get comfort from one another because you both lost Starr, you both loved Starr the same, and you both love each other. That's why it hurts when you both to look at each other, to be in the same room as each other. Just hold on and don't give up, you'll be able to heal with one another when the time is right."

Ophelia nodded her head. She turned her attention back to the crashing waves. "We're both going through the same thing, Harlen. We've both lost out best friends. I've lost Morgandy and you've lost Orion. But I know we'll get them back, one day, when the time is right," Ophelia sighed.

"Orion's pride will stop him from realising what he's done wrong, he will never come back as the Orion I knew," Harlen sighed. "And I don't want him back, he left us for Tom, he turned it around on you and then told you to take care of me. He doesn't know what he wants and that makes him weak, that's why he's with Tom and not us."

The sound of the waves drowned out their surroundings. The two friends sat on the wall, watching the sea violently move towards them. In that moment, they were at peace, the sea signified their inner emotions but it calmed them.

All Ophelia Lockwood had to do was wait until the darkness was over.