Chapter Twenty-Six: The Shocking Arrest

є∂ιтє∂

New Year's Eve. The famous Lockwood annual party had begun. The downstairs and the garden of the Lockwood residence was packed with familiar wizarding faces, some that went to Hogwarts with Ophelia, and some that worked with George.

George and Lillian Lockwood were talking with David and Karen Oliphant about their children and their break up. Whereas their children sat in Ophelia's bedroom with their friends as they waited for Tom to arrive.

"Do you think he's even going to show up?" Abner asked.

"Doubting me is it Abner?" Tom walked into Ophelia's bedroom and looked around, "wow, Lockwood, I would have thought your room would have been pink and princess themed."

Adonis scoffed at Tom's remark on Ophelia's room whilst Nicole choked on her own spit as she tried to keep her laughter down. And Ophelia simply rolled her eyes, "first of all, happy birthday, second of all I'm not a princess person so, why would my bedroom be princess themed?"

"I don't know, Lockwood, you tell me," Tom shrugged, "but on the other hand thank you, seventeen as you can see helps me out by easily apparating in your street."

Ophelia smiled whilst the others mumbled out a few happy birthdays here and there, "Tom please don't stand by my door, sit down."

Tom scanned the bed and watched her brother move over so he could have a place to sit. He walked over and sat in between Ophelia and Adonis, nodding his head towards Adonis to thank him for moving.

"And what are we doing exactly?" Tom asked as he cocked an eyebrow up at the group.

"Going over the final plan, a plan that you don't even know about, and a plan me and Dove came up with on our own!" Ophelia smiled proudly as she looked over to Dove.

"You are lot more Welsh than usual," Tom let out.

There was an uproar in the group as they all agreed with Tom saying they've been telling her this for the past two hours.

"She's not even that Welsh!" Adonis sighed

"Ad, it's not worth it. Alright you lot, I sound more Welsh! Can we just tell Tom the plan and get Edvard out of Azkaban please?" Ophelia sighed.

"The more we wait, the longer he's there." It was barely audible, but Rune's nerves were now clear, and he was anxious and he wanted everything to be over and done with.

Dove kissed his hand and smiled at him, which caused Rune's breathing to somewhat go back to normal.

"Gross, I don't understand how you can be willing enough to show that much affection in front of your friends, but whatever floats your boat," Tom scoffed as he watched the young couple.

"Oh my Merlin, thank you, finally someone agrees with me!" Nicole exclaimed.

"Don't get cocky, Riddle, we all remember the night of the Halloween Ball and how you both were wrapped in each other's arms," Starr pointed a finger towards Tom and Ophelia.

"Wait, what?" Adonis asked.

"Haven't got the time to answer any of you questions, Ad," Ophelia rushed her speech, stress was beginning to set into place.

"To be fair, mate, you did walk into that one," Avery patted Tom on the back as he gave Starr and everyone else who was laughing his infamous deadly glare.

Before Ophelia could even open her mouth to carry on with what she was saying, her dad and Rune's mum walked into her room.

"We want to hear this plan, and help," George smiled, "Ophelia dear, you have some wild accusations but I know you wouldn't tell me unless you were absolutely one-hundred per cent sure about it, so in the back garden is the Minister of Magic, if you can confirm it was Clarissa we can get her arrested with the swish of a wand."