Chapter Twenty-Four: The Outburst

є∂ιтє∂

"Ophelia, things just don't add up with Tom," Morgandy spoke up as the group all sat on Ophelia's dainty bed.

"What do you mean?" Ophelia asked looking over to Morgandy.

Morgandy stood up from the bed and began pacing around the room, "do your parents still keep every newspaper?" Morgandy asked as she bit her nails.

Ophelia nodded her head and ran out of the room towards the attic door. She opened the door and ran up the stairs. Everyone followed in suit with the two boys bickering as they climbed the stairs.

Once Abner reached the top and walked in he looked at all of the boxes around the room, "your parents have a serious problem. This is hoarding."

"What month and year do you need?" Ophelia asked as she walked along the boxes, ignoring Abner's remark.

"August. This year!" Morgandy exclaimed, following closely behind Ophelia.

"That's over there by you, Starr," Ophelia pointed to her right where Starr was standing.

The group all rushed over to where Starr was and Morgandy began digging through the box to find a specific newspaper. Morgandy stopped when she saw the newspaper she was looking for.

"I knew it. I knew something wasn't right," Morgandy partially yelled when she picked up the newspaper and began scanning the front cover.

"What's wrong, Morg?" Emory asked walking over to her, "oh."

The remaining group all looked at the two with questioning looks.

"I swear to Merlin if you do not tell us within the next five seconds, I will make sure you both will never see the light of day again!" Nicole yelled and pulled out her wand.

"Calm down, Nick," Morgandy sighed as she handed Ophelia the newspaper.

"Tom has been lying to you. His uncle was sent to life in Azkaban for murdering Tom's father and grandparents!" Morgandy exclaimed.

"Maybe he has another uncle?" Ophelia asked.

"No, Lia. His uncle, Morfin Gaunt, killed them because they were muggles because they ruined the Gaunt family bloodline. The Gaunt's are one of the oldest known pure-blooded family that did not have relationships with any half-bloods, muggleborns or muggles," Morgandy explained, a sympathetic look appeared on her face as she watched Ophelia's face drop.

"And how are we so sure those people are Tom's father and grandparents?" Dove chimed in.

"Well, Thomas Riddle senior and Thomas Riddle junior doesn't seem that plausible when you think about it," the sarcasm was evident in Emory's voice, causing both Starr and Ophelia to send death glares to him.

"Emory, I will hurt you," Dove threatened.

"I'm well aware that he has lied to me before, but why would he lie about this?" Ophelia asked herself as she handed Nicole the article and sat on one of the many boxes of newspapers.

"I'm surprised you even trusted him after he lied to you in the first place," Emory laughed, his arms crossed with a smug look plastered across his face.

"Emory William Oliphant, you wipe that smug look off of your face this instance before I do it for you!" Ophelia yelled as she ran towards him, her wand placed against his neck as she looked up at him, her face full of rage.

Emory's smug face was no more as he looked terrified more than anything, he had heard about this side of Ophelia but never had he seen it himself. Abner and Nicole were left laughing their heads off.