Chapter Thirteen: Broken Bones and a Visit to Aberystwyth

𝓔𝓓𝓘𝓣𝓔𝓓

August 9th 1943

The lights shining through the window was enough to wake the sleeping couple. The boy smiled as he woke up and stretched, he quickly wrapped his arms back around his girlfriend and kissed her on the cheek. The girl turned around and faced her boyfriend, snuggling up to his bare chest.

"Morning, beautiful," he smiled, kissing his girlfriend's forehead.

His girlfriend just let out a soft laugh.

"Oh, I see how it is. Ignoring me now?" He laughed.

"And why would I ever ignore you, Emory dear?" She laughed.

"Well, Ophelia dear, I would not know as I'm a delight."

"Okay we get it, you're head boy now, calm down."

"What are we doing today?" She laughed.

"Maybe spend the day at the beach, nothing too busy."

"Sounds like a plan, let's go get ready. Do you want breakfast at that little café around the corner?"

"Sounds good, and before you even say it no you're not paying for yourself or me."

"That's not fair, you always pay, and I mean always!" Ophelia whined.

Emory laughed and removed his grasp from her small body, he quickly got out of her small bed that barely fit the two of them and ran over to his trunk on the floor. He grabbed a set of clean clothes and ran out of the room.

"Good morning, Mrs Lockwood."

"Lillian, Emory, how many times do I have to tell you? Call me Lillian," the sound of her mother's voice prompted her to sit up in bed.

"Yes, Lillian. Good morning, Lillian."

"Good morning, Emory," Lillian said whilst walking into Ophelia's room.

"And good morning to you, my beautiful daughter," Lillian smiled brightly and made her way over to Ophelia's bed, sitting at the end where her feet lay.

"Good morning, mother," Ophelia smiled.

"Do not call me mother, it makes me sound old!" Lillian exclaimed.

"Oh look she's about to go off on one, take cover, Ophelia," George came in and ducked to the floor holding his hands to his ears.

Ophelia sat back and laughed whilst she watched her mother give disapproving look to her husband.

"Very funny, George, very funny indeed," Lillian crossed her arms and gently kicked George as he got up.

"Well that show muggles have called comedy is very funny indeed. I do not understand how they joked about their war," George smiled and brought his wife in for a hug whilst he sat down.

"Muggles are very peculiar," Ophelia stated.

"Indeed. Anyhow, how is your friend Tom? We do not hear much about him now," Lillian asked.

"He's good. We don't spend that much time with each other anymore, only when we have classes together and when I see him in the common room back at Hogwarts."

"Lovely boy that Tom," George spoke.

"What have I missed?" Emory asked walking into the room with every household member in it.

He was holding his pyjamas in a nicely folded pile with Ophelia's cat, Achromatic, sat on top, purring as she snuggled up to the soft texture of his bed wear.