Chapter Thirty-Seven: Baby News and Ancestry

The train had come to a stop in Newport and Dove grabbed her trunk rushed off the train without saying goodbye to the three in the cabin.

"I thought she was going up to Aberystwyth with you?" Ophelia questioned Rune.

"Oh, she is, she's just handing over her trunk and getting another one," Rune nodded his head towards Cassandra and Andrew hugging Dove and handing over her new trunk.

Dove came running back on with her new trunk and a big smile on her face.

"What's happened?" Rune asked wide-eyed.

"My mum's pregnant!" Dove beamed as she started jumping up and down.

Ophelia rushed to the window and opened the tiny ones above, "Cassandra, I call dibs on being godmother!"

Cassandra laughed and nodded her head, "of course, Ophelia dear."

Ophelia smiled brightly as the train began to move she waved goodbye to Dove's parents.

She sat down next to Tom and starting laughing at Dove who had her tongue pressed to her cheek as she shook her head.

"I can't believe you're going to be the godmother to my little brother or sister!" Dove crossed her arms.

"I'll be such a great influence," Ophelia continued to laugh, "I don't see the harm in it."

The four erupted into laughter as they all realised Ophelia would turn the child into a nuisance.

"Wait, will your new little brother or sister be magical?" Rune asked.

"The chances are slim, but it might happen," Dove smiled.

"When was the last time there was a witch or wizard in your family?" Tom asked.

"Uh, my great-great grandmother, I don't even know if I'm related to any families in the wizarding world," Dove frowned as she looked up at Tom.

"You're definitely related to some families; the majority of families are related actually," Ophelia smiled.

"I'll have to do some research," Dove smiled

"Well, I have loads of family tree stuff in my attic, and my dad has friends at the Ministry that can find out if you're related to anyone," Ophelia offered.

"Would you?" Dove asked.

Ophelia nodded her head and Dove rushed up to Ophelia and hugged her really tight.

Tom rolled his eyes as the girls embraced each other, Ophelia's cat wandered out underneath her cloak and walked up to Tom.

Tom smiled as Achromatic sat down on his lap and began to purr.

Ophelia and Dove pulled away and they both sat back down next to their boyfriends.

"So when did you ask her out, Tom?" Dove smiled as she cuddled up to Rune.

Tom looked down at Ophelia who was stroking her cat as she tried to ignore Tom's stare.

"When did Ophelia tell you?" Tom asked as he looked back up at Dove and Rune.

"Rune guessed on Ophelia's birthday," Dove nodded her head.

"And it was pretty obvious," Rune held his hands up.

Ophelia shook her head and laughed as Tom cocked an eyebrow up at Rune.

"How was it obvious?" Tom asked.

Rune and Dove began muttering to each other and held their fingers out lifting one up every time they thought of a reason.

"Well, there was the first Hogsmeade trip in May," Dove said, "and then the most obvious was..."

"... Ophelia's birthday," Rune and Dove said in unison.

Tom and Ophelia looked at each other.

"I knew I should have given you your present after everyone left," Tom rolled his eyes.

"No it wasn't just the present, it was when you two were all snuggled up at Hogsmeade, and when Ophelia was lying in your lap at the picnic," Dove shrugged.

"Emory was and still is completely livid, I haven't heard the end of," Rune rolled his eyes at the mention for it, "I told him when he starts teaching you three that he has to be nice, oh and give house points to Hufflepuff."

"Uh, what about Slytherin?" Ophelia asked.

"Merlin's beard, Ophelia, we'll be on minus points with Emory teaching us," Tom chuckled as Achromatic rolled over on to her back as he began to scratch her tummy.

"It's going to be weird calling Emory professor," Dove looked out of the window as she watched the Welsh countryside moving along with them, "I feel like I'll still call him Emory."

"Try going to be sharing a dormitory with him," Rune laughed.

"God help you," Ophelia put her hands to her head, "I couldn't even share a bed with him, he snores too loud."

"You also forgot to mention he likes to walk around naked," Rune widened his eyes as he thought of the image of Emory naked.

"When my parents left early for work in the mornings he'd be cooking me breakfast and I just hear screams from where boiling hot oil has spat on him," Ophelia shook her head as she laughed.

"Why was he walking around naked?" Dove asked.

"I love that you're too pure for this world," Rune kissed her on her temple.

Tom looked at Ophelia through the corner of his eyes as Ophelia shook her head at the two.

"Rune! It wasn't like that; I don't know why he was naked because he went to bed with clothes on," Ophelia started to laugh harder than she already was, "he was cooking breakfast downstairs once, and my parents had only popped to the shops and they walked through the door, so he legged it out my back door and climbed up to my window."

Rune, Dove and Tom started laughing just as hard as Ophelia as they talked about Emory's nude climb.

"What happened next?" Rune laughed as he wiped a tear from his eye.

"He crashed onto the floor, woke me up and my parents began to rush up the stairs, he rushed to put his pyjamas on and pretended he fell off the bed when my parents came in!" Ophelia was leaning on Tom for support.

"Any other reasons as to why Emory was naked?" Tom asked as he looked at Ophelia.

"No, Tom," Ophelia smiled as she kissed Tom on the cheek.