Chapter Thirty-Four: Picnic and Employment

Morgandy and Starr were leading the large group back from Hogsmeade towards the Quidditch pitch. Ophelia was walking in-between Tom and Emory. For once in their lives the two boys were getting on, for Ophelia's sake.

"You know; I'm surprised you two haven't started bickering yet," Ophelia let out a little chuckle.

Tom and Emory looked at over at each other and squinted their eyes. Emory brushed the hair out of his face and coughed.

"Well, Lia," Emory looked at Ophelia, "as everyone knows, I'm basically a teacher as of Friday, so I have to treat all my pupils with respect," Emory gave a small smile as he looked up from Ophelia to Tom.

"Well, professor, you should have done that as head boy," Tom gave Emory a smug look.

"I should have kept my mouth shut," Ophelia shook her head and walked ahead to Dove and Rune.

The two boys looked at each other and began to bicker whilst Ophelia rolled her eyes as she caught her with her two friends.

"Bickering again are they?" Rune asked as he laughed at Ophelia's facial expressions.

"Yeah, but this time it's my fault," Ophelia scoffed.

"Why?" Dove laughed.

"I mentioned that they hadn't bickered in a while," Ophelia crossed her arms, "and now, they're bickering."

"Of course," Rune and Dove both laughed as they looked at Ophelia.

"Jesus Christ, Lia, your ex-boyfriend and your current boyfriend arguing, what did you do to them?" Rune asked.

"Rune, keep your voice down," Ophelia put her hands to his mouth.

Dove blinked her eyes in disbelief, her mouth wide open. She launched herself at Ophelia and started slapping her arms, "why does Rune know before me?"

"I didn't even tell, Rune," Ophelia stuttered.

"It was pretty obvious," Rune shrugged, "I mean, they've been all over each other these past couple of months."

"Yeah, but you're the only one who's said something," Ophelia slapped Rune on the arm.

"Okay but since when?" Dove frantically asked.

"Beginning of May, if you must know," Ophelia hissed, "but, keep your mouths shut, I managed to keep your relationship a secret for five months, so show a little gratitude please."

"Of course, Lia, anything for you," Dove smiled.

"Wow, you really like the English ones," Rune laughed.

Ophelia sighed a sigh of relief as they finally reached the Quidditch pitch. She propped herself down on one of the picnic blankets that Starr and Morgandy had just placed down.

Tom sat behind Ophelia so she could lean against his chest in-between his legs. Morgandy handed out the sandwiches that she and Starr made earlier when they snuck into the kitchen. Starr handed out the drinks and napkins as the group began to dig into their food.

It was a quiet as they all ate their sandwiches, Ophelia and Emory caught eye contact with each other and started to laugh, causing everyone but Tom to laugh along with them.

"Why are we laughing?" Archer asked, just as confused as the others.

"It's nothing really," Emory shook his head, "we did something like this, roughly this time last year, and nobody told Morgandy that she didn't add anything to the sandwiches, and we just eating two pieces of bread."