Chapter Ten: The Question

𝓔𝓓𝓘𝓣𝓔𝓓

A week had passed since the breakup and it was now a day before the Halloween Ball. The trip was moved to the Saturday and only a few of the students were going as the other's had their parents send them their best outfits. 

As for Ophelia, she was to buy her dress today, along with the permission slip her parents sent her money taken out of her Gringotts Bank Account. She didn't feel like going to the ball at first but it wasn't until Nicole persuaded her to go with her that she reluctantly agreed. 

The two girls walked outside to the court yard joining the rest of the small group that was going to Hogsmeade. They stood in a group with Morgandy and Starr. Morgandy gave Ophelia a sympathetic look as they stood there and Ophelia just shook her head.

The group started to move to the exit of Hogwarts grounds and towards Hogsmeade.

After a short walk, the group arrived and they all split off in different directions, Tom and his group of Death Eaters walked into Gladrags Wizardwear for their suits.

Nicole dragged Ophelia to Honeydukes, although Nicole does not like sweets that much she still gets a few things. Nicole and Ophelia spent three Galleons on sweets for the two of them and Dove to share later on in the evening.

Once they left the shop, they walked over to Gladrags' and Ophelia hoped Emory wasn't in there. To her dismay, Emory sat there next to Abner and Daxten. She looked at him with disgust and turned her head and straightened her body position. Nicole whispered something in her ear but she couldn't quite make it out, they both walked towards the dress section and soon started laughing at the weird, funny dresses.

"Here, Nicole," Ophelia said turning around and facing her, "this is the one for you," she laughed at the sick-coloured dress that had way too many frills.

"Merlin's beard, that is beautiful," Nicole laughed back.

They soon stopped joking around when Nicole pulled out a beautiful dress. The dress was a long and a pale pink shade. The sleeves were a long and clear lace with black bat patterns going down the arm, the black bats continued around the waste.

"Go try it on," Ophelia smiled.

Nicole rushed to the changing room and soon came back in the dress.

"You look beautiful," Ophelia smiled. Nicole did look beautiful, the dress fit her figure perfectly it almost left Ophelia speechless.

"I'm buying it," Nicole said and rushed back into the changing room so she could buy it. By the time she came out Ophelia was nowhere to be seen.

"Lia?" Nicole called out.

"I'm in the other changing room, you go buy your dress," Ophelia called out.

Nicole did what she was told and paid the woman at the counter twent-four Galleons for her dress. When the woman handed her back her dress in a suit bag, she thanked her and walked back to the changing rooms. While she waited for Ophelia to put her dress on Abner walked over to her and smiled.

"Hey, Nicole. I know we don't talk often and that its last minute, but do you want to go to the ball with me?" Abner asked.

Nicole shuddered, she wasn't one to say no or refuse but she didn't even know Abner.

"Say yes, Nicole," Ophelia shouted.

"Really? I promised you though," Nicole shouted back trying to drop a hint that she didn't want to go with him.

"No I'm fine don't worry, I'll go with one of the other girl's, you have fun," Ophelia shouted back again, knowing what she was doing was wrong but she enjoyed every minute of it.

"Well then?" Abner asked.

"Okay," Nicole smiled and threw her arms up, "why not? It'll be fun," she laughed.

"Okay, that's great, I'll meet you outside of Gryffindor Tower tomorrow night at quarter to seven," He said and waved back at her.

Nicole waved back and quickly walked up to the changing room.

"I swear to god, Ophelia, if you do not come out of this changing room right this instant, I will hex your ass," Nicole whisper-yelled.

The lock to the changing room unlocked and Ophelia pulled open the door stepping out, everyone in the shop had their eyes on her. Her dress hugged her body perfectly, the emerald-green dress flowed from the waist down, with a matching ribbon bow that went round her waist.

"Do I look okay?" Ophelia asked.

"You look better than okay, you look amazing," Nicole smiled.

Ophelia smiled and shook her head, "the length is perfect."

"So are you," Nicole smiled.

Ophelia looked up from Nicole and saw Tom staring right at her. She smiled at him and he just nodded his head.

She went back inside and got changed into her normal clothes.

As she came out Nicole was sitting where Emory was just sitting, she realised that he had left and the weight on her shoulders disappeared. She went to the counter and paid for her dress. Once she had finished paying and her dress was handed back to her, she turned around and came face to face with Tom.

"You looked beautiful in that dress," he complimented her.

"Thank you," she answered back smiling.

"So now that Nicole is going with Abner, does that mean that there is a slight possibility that you would be interested in going to the dance with me?" Tom asked.

"Maybe."

"Is that a yes or a no?"

"Well, it depends."

"On what?"

"What would we be going as? Friends or a date?"

"Consider it both?" Tom asked.

"Okay, I will go with you, but I didn't expect you to want a date since you're so heartless," Ophelia laughed and walked away from Tom towards Nicole.

Tom laughed to himself as Malfoy came behind him, "ready, Tom?"

Tom nodded and followed closely behind Ophelia.

Nothing was said to Nicole and the two witches left the shop with their newly bought dresses in hand.