The Invite

I stayed with Seth. We were now back in bed. He held me as I calmed. I didn't talk much after that. I just cuddled to him. It really felt nice to have someone there for me. Thankful he was there. We didn't do anything but lay there with my back to his chest and his arms around me. There was silence between us most of the afternoon. I think Seth didn't know what to say, but that was alright, him being there was all I needed. I finally turned to him and just looked at him. I smiled. He looked at me. I moved my hand to his cheek and cupped it. My thumb moved over his cheek to his lips. I watched my finger move over his soft lips. "Thank you." I said, softly.

I moved my thumb off his lips and he asked almost in a whisper, "For what?"

I looked at him and our eyes met. I almost breathed, "For being there for me."

Then I moved in and took his lips. I didn't know why I was doing it but I felt as I needed too. Seth pulled away. "Mary, we can't."

"I know you want this, Seth. So, do I. Please." I almost begged.

I saw it got to Seth. He moved back in and kissed me. I moaned slightly at the intense of the kiss. Seth took the opportunity and slipped his tongue in my mouth. I moaned again. He gently pushed me back in the bed and got on top of me. I reached up and began to unbutton his shirt. As soon as I finished, I pushed the shirt off his back and down his arms. Seth broke the kiss and sat up. He quickly took off his shirt and moved his hands to the hem of my shirt. He lifted it up and I sat up slightly to let him take it off. I laid back down as I watched him lay back on top of me. He began kissing me again. He was between my legs now and quickly moved a hand to the back of my thigh. He lifted my leg up and grind against me. I broke the kiss as I moaned out. His lips moved to my neck. He grind against me as I kept moaning or gasping. I moved my leg around him and I felt his hand travel up thigh to my butt. He cupped it and pulled me to him each time he grind against me. He moved his lips off my neck as I moved my hand south to his pants. I began to unbutton them. Every inch of me wanted this. As I undid the pants, one of his hands moved to mine and grabbed them both as he said, almost breathless, "Stop."

I looked up at him, confused. "I don't understand."

He sighed. "It's not that I don't want to. Just it wouldn't mean the same to you that it would to me. You were right to stop it the first time. Now I am."

I just smiled at him as I still wanted him. "We can make it clear now, no strings attached."

"That wouldn't work, Mary." He said, softly.

"Why not?" I was confused by this.

He licked his lips and looked away from me for a minute. "Cause I'm already falling for you. As much as I try not to, I am. I don't want to make this more complicated then it already is."

He said he was falling for me. I froze. I looked at him and I saw it in his eyes. I began to freak as this was the last thing I wanted to hear. I started to try to push him off as I almost screamed, "Get off me!"

He quickly tried to calm me. "Mary, listen." But I kept trying to get away from him. He grabbed my face and forced me to to look at him. I did look at him as tears streamed down my face. He then said, sincerely, "I know this scares you. I am not asking you to return the feelings." Then he moved his forehead against mine. I closed my eyes and he continued, "I just don't want us to go farther and make this complicated."

I just said, softly, "It already is."

He moved off of me and laid next to me. I just looked at him as he groaned and covered his face with his hands. He removed his hands and said, "You might be right." Then he looked at me and said, "But I don't want us to stop being friends. You really are a great friend. I don't want anything to affect our friendship."