Sad Days

I laid in hospital bed after Seth's dad and sister left. The pain was unreal. Seth was feeling it to. He stayed close to me. Not only so I could lean on him, so he could lean on me too. To me, this was different. Eric tried to remain strong. But that wasn't what I needed. I needed him to show me what he felt. Seth, on the other hand, did. It made me feel like I could go through this with someone. Seth also told me his father and sister decided to make arrangement's for our little girl's funeral. I wasn't ready to bury another child. Seth didn't go into detail and I knew cause he probably didn't want to talk about it either. The following day, I was released to go home. This was the second time I would be leaving the hospital without my child. On the way home, tears streamed down my face. This was horrible. We got home. I didn't say anything, just went to bed. A few days passed and I really didn't move out of bed. I laid there as Seth came in every now and then to check on me. Even sometimes just laid with me. Nothing could heal my heart. I kept sleeping on and off as I was drained. On this day, Seth woke me up. "Baby, you have company."

"I don't want to see anyone." I said to him.

"It's your parents." He said.

I sighed. I should have known once they found out about me losing the baby, they would be there. Seth said, sweetly, "Come on, baby. You need to get out of bed anyways."

"No, I don't." I said to him.

"Your parents are here, so get out of bed." He said, more sternly.

I rolled my eyes and huffed. I walked downstairs with Seth. My mom and dad were in the living room as we walked in. Instantly, my mom rushed over to me and hugged me. "Oh, sweetie. I'm so sorry, hunny."

I pulled away. "Thanks for coming, mom."

She looked at me. "Hunny, you look horrible. Have you been sleeping?"

I rolled my eyes. "Not that great."

"You should be getting some sleep, hunny." She said to me.

"It's not that easy, mom. I have a lot on my mind." I told her.

"I know, hunny." She said, sadly.

I walked over to my dad and quickly hugged him. We all sat down on the couch as Seth just stood there. My mom looked at me. "You know she is in a better place, right, hunny."

My eyes started to tear up. I looked over at Seth to see him looking unhappy. Then I looked at my mom and begged, "Please, don't, mom. Not now."

I knew this topic would upset Seth. But she didn't stop. She brushed my hair out of my face as she said, "I know her big brother is watching over her."

"Would you stop?!" Seth yelled at her.

I quickly got and rushed over to Seth to calm him. "Baby, it's okay."

"No, it's not." Seth said, angrily, to me. Then said to my mom, "Don't come in here and feed us that crap that she is in a better place! What God would allow an innocent child to die like that?! What God would deny a woman like your daughter to not have a child of her own?!" Tears were streaming from his eyes as he broke again. "There is no such thing as a God. If there was, my daughter would be here with us! But now I have bury my child! No parent should have to do that!"

I cupped his cheek and forced him to look at me. He did and I said as I cried, "Baby, it's okay. I'm here."

He fell apart again as I hugged him. He buried his face into my neck and cried. My mom stood up and said, "I know what happened to you is very tragic and you are right, no parent should lose their child. But you shouldn't lose your faith."