Lost

A few more months passed, Seth and I spent every waking moment together when we weren't at work. It seemed perfect. I knew it wouldn't always be but if I got more moments like this, I was fine with the tough times. I also spent more time with Seth's family and friends. Also, my parents found out about us as it got out in the media. My dad at first was displeased but I think he was afraid to lose me again, cause he didn't let loose again. It seemed like our life was perfect, too perfect. We were having a small get together at Seth's house with my friends and his friends and family. It was nice to have some time to just be with the ones we love. I was setting things up in the kitchen with Sophia and Rachael. My stomach had been off all morning. I just thought I ate something wrong the night before. We were cooking up some food, when Sophia decided to make her collard greens. I loved her collard greens but I hated how it would stink up a kitchen. As it cooked, the collards became more potent. The smell was strong. It made my already upset stomach, turned even more. Then I felt it come. I rushed out of the room and to the toilet. I threw up until my stomach was empty. I cleaned my face up once I was done and walked back downstairs. The smell hit me again, but I had nothing in my stomach to get rid off. Rachael looked at me and asked, "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, Seth and I went to this Indian restaurant last night, I think the food isn't sitting right with me." I told her. "My stomach has been upset all morning, got worse once I smelled those collards cooking."

Rachael just nodded and Sophia laughed. "I went through that, pregnant with Heath. I couldn't cook collards the whole nine months cause when I smelled it, I..." Then she stopped dead in her track and looked at me.

I watched as she stared and moved closer to me. I laughed nervously as I said, "What?"

Rachael's eyes widened as she also looked at me. Sophia said, "Your nauseous, smells are making you sick, I have noticed your boobs have been getting bigger, and your appetite has gone up. Seth even has commented on that. Well, that and your boobs. You don't think that..."

"No! No! There is no way, I am on birth con..." Then it hit me, I forgot to get the last couple months shot. "Oh, god." I began to feel sick again.

Rachael asked, "Are you okay?"

I began to feel dizzy and stumble slightly. I was overwhelmed. Rachael quickly grabbed me and said, "Jesus, Mary, sit down."

She walked to bar stool and I sat on it. She asked, "What happened?"

"I forgot about my shot the last couple months. I was so busy." I said to them.

Rachael grabbed her purse and I asked, "Where are you going?"

"Well you need to know." She only said and walked out the front door.

Sophia and I finished cooking and I went outside with Seth. I kept a smile on as I didn't want to say anything to him until I knew. Sophia then called for me, "Hey, Mary, can you help me with something?"

"Uh, yeah." I knew Rachael was back.

I walked in and Rachael said, "Where should we go?"

"Seth's room." I said.

We walked up there and she pulled out the pregnancy test from her purse. "Thanks." I said.

I went to the bathroom and took the test. Didn't take long for it to read positive. I walked out as the girls waited. I just walked over and sat on the bed. I wanted to lose it. Sophia said as she knew, "Jesus, Mary."

She sympathized as she knew what this meant. Rachael was confused. "What is going on?"

"I'm pregnant." I said, softly.