Just Admit It. (Frank Iero x Reader)

Your and Frank's friendship was completely platonic. Honestly. Yes, you guys would flirt and joke around a bit (it was more him than you, to be honest) but nothing was ever meant by it.

Everyone who knew the two of you thought differently, of course.

They believed that the random pecks on the forehead or cheek here and there and the playful butt grabbing was all a sign of your guys' undeclared undying love for each other.

Obviously, you knew differently. You were extremely close with Frank and considered him as the best male friend you'd ever had. Clearly, he was very attractive and you had caught yourself fantasizing about what it would be like to be with him once or twice, but at the end of the day, you were just friends.

Lounging lazily on the stone tiles surrounding the pool in Mikey's back yard, you smiled at the sight of your friends fooling around in the crystal clear water. (Y/B/F) jumped onto Gerard's back, trying to drag him underwater as he flailed his arms about in protest and sputtered as water began to fill his mouth, Ray making no effort to help and instead guffawing at his friend's futile attempt to shove (Y/B/F) off of him.

Frank rolled over from his position on his stomach so that he could face you.

"It's cold. Cuddle my hand," he pouted, reaching over to slide his hand under yours.

"It's 80 degrees out," you responded, raising an eyebrow in amusement at his request.

"Cuddle. My. Hand."

"I wasn't going to mention it, but I'm getting quite concerned that you might have a hand fetish."

"Hey, I can't help it that your hands are, like, the softest things ever," he retorted, bringing your hand up to his face before rubbing it against his cheek and purring.

"You're a proper weirdo, you know that?" you mused, laughing at his peculiar act of affection.

"Maybe," he shrugged before repositioning himself so that his head was in your lap, "but ya love me."

You scoffed. "Try tolerate."

"Your life wouldn't be the same without me and you know it," he said with a proud smirk on his face.

A ladybug landed on Frank's nose, fluttering its tiny wings. Frank crossed his eyes to look at his nose, thinking it was a blade of grass or a stray pollen grain that had landed there. He clearly wasn't expecting it to be a tiny creature, however, since he let out a rather high-pitched scream at the sight of it before swatting it away hastily, causing your body to begin trembling with laughter.

"You're right," you said in between laughs, "I wouldn't be able to carry on if my life didn't consist of you getting attacked by ladybugs."

Frank opened his mouth with the intention of delivering a sassy response, but upon seeing your still very much amused state, he joined in on the laughter.

"Hey, lovebirds!" The both of you turned to face the patio door, where Mikey stood shirtless, shoulders glistening from the drops of pool water his towel had missed. "And everyone else," he added, smirking, "Pizza's here."

Ray, (Y/B/F) and Gerard made their way to the steps of the pool, each grabbing a towel and proceeding to dry off enough so as not to soak the entire house. Gerard was still mumbling curse words under his breath while Ray and (Y/B/F) giggled and high-fived each other.

Looking down at the man whose head was still in your lap, you said a quick "Race you"' before springing onto your feet and sprinting towards the door. You were almost inside when you felt a pair of arms clamp around your waist and you were hoisted off your feet and to the side, allowing Frank to overtake you and claim victory.

"Hey!" you exclaimed in anger, rushing after him into the kitchen, where the others were gathered, "That's cheating!"

"Yeah, well, you had an unfair head start," he countered, crossing the room to grab a couple of plates from the cabinet and setting them down next to the pizza.

"Please keep your marital problems out of my kitchen," Mikey silenced you while the other three snickered under their breath.

"Don't hate just because you can't find someone to love you," you scoffed while reaching for a plate and a slice of pizza, your comment earning a collective 'oooooo' from the rest of your friends.

Mikey rolled his eyes. "If it meant being stuck with someone like you or Frank, I think I'd rather die alone." His comment gained an even bigger reaction from the others.

"Hey!" Frank interjected, hopping down from his seat on top of the kitchen counter to cross over to you and place a protective arm around your shoulders. "Insult me all you want, but leave my wife alone."

His comment left Ray giggling like a little girl and (Y/B/F) and Gerard whispering to each other, no doubt about how you guys were their ultimate OTP. Mikey held his hands up in surrender and went back to eating his pizza, mumbling under his breath about how you two should just 'fuck already and relieve everyone from the constant sexual tension'.

Chuckling slightly before pressing a kiss to your cheek, Frank strutted out of the kitchen and into the living room yelling something about putting a movie on while the rest of the boys gathered the food and followed him.

"Don't," you warned (Y/B/F), who was wearing a Cheshire grin while smirking at you and raising her eyebrows suggestively.

"I didn't say anything," she said, clearly amused.

"You didn't have to. I know how to read all this," you stated, gesturing to her face.

"Ugh, why can't you guys just admit that you're made for each other?! Everyone can see it!"

"Because we're not. And even if we were, constantly bringing it up would be the least effective way of getting us to admit it. Just FYI."

"Oh, come on," she groaned, arms grabbing your shoulders and shaking you lightly. "He calls you his wife and finds any excuse to kiss or touch you. If that doesn't scream 'IM IN LOVE WITH YOU' then I don't know what does."

"It doesn't scream 'I'm in love with you', it screams 'I'm Frank Iero'."

_______________________________

Thank you for reading x