I'm Here To Protect You. (Vampire!Pete Wentz x Reader)

════════════════

Note: This was written by mikeywaystambourine .

════════════════

This is the story of how I got turned into a vampire, fell in love and managed to die. And no, this is not Twilight. It's my actual fucking messed up short, immortal life.

His name was Pete, and he was strange, kinda stalkerish but he was hella cute. I never spoke to him when I was human; although, he always stood under the same street light, every night after my shift at the bar at two in the morning. I waved once or twice at him and he'd wave back but he never spoke or smiled. At first I thought he was a serial killer. Turns out that he was actually protecting me from those exact people. Well, vampires. Too bad I only found out after I became one myself, something he was, yet hated more than anything.

It was December 31st 23:00, I pushed the heavy back door open to leave the bar early, because my boss decided that I deserved to enjoy my new year, something I'd never done before. As I stepped out, I heard the crunching of the gravel underneath my sneakers and was somehow comforted by the loss of silence in the darkness. I turned to my left to start walking out of the alleyway and into the street where I expected (okay, hoped) that Pete would be but because it wasn't my usual time, he wasn't there.

I continued my walk home, pulling my coat tighter over my body to shield off the cold. There were people scattered in the street, some laying on the ground, drunk off their asses already, others slowly stumbling to the next bar and some just walking past me and staring like I was some freak. I didn't feel too worried or scared, if anything did happen, there'd be witnesses all over. I began to think to myself what I was going to do for new years, and after 5 minutes, I started to notice another set of footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw nothing out of the ordinary, just a couple making out on the sidewalk, nothing I wouldn't expect from drunk, horny people. Although, the guy did look like he was getting a bit rough with her neck - but I'd rather go home than worry about other people's kinky business.

I walked further, and again, noticed the footsteps, turned, and there was just one guy smoking, he wasn't there before which I found suspicious, and the couple somehow disappeared into thin air, so I decided to pick up my pace.

Just as I was about to cross the street, I was grabbed and pulled to the side. It was Pete, only I didn't think he was trying to help me, I thought he was a predator finally going through with his plan, so I sprayed him with pepper spray and ran. Little did I know that that decision was the beginning of the end of my life.

I started running home, not caring about the strange looks I was getting, I just wanted to get home and feel safe again. Too busy in thought while running, I managed to trip over something and fell on the concrete sidewalk. I didn't hit my head but I did get knocked out. So much for a happy new year...