I Prefer The Drummer. (Part 2) (Josh Dun x Reader)

════════════════

Note: I'm sincerely sorry about the non-existent updates lately, but things are quite hectic. I promise that the next time I post, it will be bodyguard!Brendon. x

════════════════

════════════════

The wonderful aromas of cotton candy and fresh popcorn wafted through the air, and the gleeful shouts from people occupying the various carnival rides could be heard all throughout the fairground.

As you made your way through the entrance and towards the carnival's many attractions, you turned to smile at the pink-haired man walking next to you.

"Gosh, I haven't been to a carnival in ages. Everything looks so gorgeous," you marvelled, eyes scanning over the beautifully decorated area. "I'm glad we came here, Josh."

"Me too," he returned your smile, eyes crinkling.

"Althoughhhh," you added, shuffling anxiously and fiddling with the sleeves of your t-shirt. "I'm not too thrilled at the thought of seeing clowns at such a close distance."

"Oh," Josh frowned, his heart dropping at the sight of your scared expression. While he'd never told anyone besides Tyler, Josh himself was terrified of clowns. There was just something about not knowing who was underneath all that make-up and silly costumes that brought a feeling of dread to his stomach. His fear was never something he'd bring to light during a conversation, especially now that he knew how much you were scared of them. "Well, don't worry. I'll make sure they don't get too close to you."

~

You stood gazing lovingly at a giant stuffed dolphin that hung in the stall in front of you, where a group of kids were desperately trying to gain enough points to win a prize.

"Here ya go," Josh piped, handing you the sugar on a stick. "One cotton candy. With extra cotton candy."

"Thank you," you giggled, shoving a portion into your mouth and returning your eyes to the dolphin.

"You like that one?" Josh asked, noticing your gaze and pointing to the stuffed animal.

You nodded in response, eyes still not wavering from the dolphin.

"Well, then come on," he said, gripping your wrist and dragging you towards the booth, the few children slinking away empty-handed, kicking at stones on the ground disappointedly.

"What are you doing?" you questioned with an amused smirk as Josh handed the necessary amounts of tickets to the grouchy booth attendant.

"I'm winning you that dolphin."

"As sweet as that is, no one ever wins at these things," you waved your hand around the booth, where a few rows of multi-coloured glass bottles stood on a platform, and the rings you were meant to toss at them in a bowl in front of you. "It's rigged."