Favouritism. (Mikey Way x Reader)

════════════════

Note: Here's a little bit of Mikey for you guys. Thank you PeteWentzsDick for the prompt. x

════════════════

════════════════

You let out a loud gasp as you saw your reflection in the bathroom mirror, tilting your head to one side to get a better look as you ran your fingers over the purple mark on your neck.

"Mikey!"

"Yeees?" he answered, using the doorframe to swing into the bathroom.

You gestured dramatically at the hickey he'd left on your neck, eyes wide and panicked.

"I don't understand," he said, furrowing his eyebrows as he joined you in front of the mirror, examining the mark too. "Is it not big enough or-"

"Why did you give me one?!"

"Because I can...?"

"Need I remind you that NO ONE KNOWS THAT WE'RE DATING?"

"Oh, yeah. Oops."

Groaning, you did a little fake cry before grabbing some make-up to try and cover up your boyfriend's idiocy.

"You better pray that this works," you warned, blotting some concealer over the mark. "I don't feel like explaining this to the guys."

~

"Great show, you guys!" you beamed as the four musicians entered the dressing room, walking over and handing them each bottles of water. "As always."

"Thanks, (Y/N)!" Ray smiled.

"Did you see that sick flip I did?" Frank asked energetically, bouncing up and down slightly.

"Yes, I did," you laughed. "Was my favourite part of the show."

"Ha! Did you hear that, bitches?" Frank yelled, spinning around to smirk at the rest of the guys. "I'm (Y/N)'s favourite member!"

"Pfft. Dream on, Iero," Gerard rolled his eyes and shoved the shorter guy. "She said your flip was her favourite part of the show. We all know that she loves me the most."

"Nah uh," Ray jumped in. "She's the Brendon Urie to my Brendon Urie."

The three of them then continued to argue about which of them was your favourite, while you stood back with an amused look on your face, but their banter stopped when Mikey let out a loud laugh, causing everyone to silence themselves and turn to look at him.

"You're all fucking retards," he chuckled, everyone else looking ashamed as Mikey crossed the room towards them. "She'd choose me over all of you losers any day."

The other three lost their shit and the yelling commenced once again.  And this time, it was even more intense. Gerard's voice became increasingly louder with each sentence that rolled past his lips, causing Ray and Mikey to increase their volumes as well, each of them trying to drown each other out with their reasons as to why they were your favourite. Frank even climbed on top of the table so that his voice could be heard.

"Guys," you said, standing up from the couch and trying to break them apart, but it was no use.

"Guys!" you said, louder this time, but they still continued. Except now, they introduced water bottles into the fight, each band member strategically flicking their hands in an attempt to empty the contents of the bottles onto each other.

You took a couple of steps closer, squeezing in between them. "Okay, this needs to st-"

There was a collective gasp as all the guys froze in their positions; Gerard's hand was mid-air above Mikey's head, and Mikey's hand was outstretched as if to stop him, while Ray's hand was still on Frank's shoulder from when he'd pushed him moments earlier, which resulted in Frank's water drenching you from top to bottom.

"Oh man," Frank squeaked, face scrunching up in a grimace. "(Y/N), I'm so sorry!"

You just sighed as Gerard rushed towards you with a towel, dabbing it all over your body in an attempt to dry you off.

"When will you ever not be morons?"

"Probably not any time soon," Gerard grinned apologetically as he continued wiping you off, his hands ceasing when he came to your neck. "Hang on...," he whispered, brushing your hair over your shoulder and examining your neck more closely. "IS THIS A HICKEY?"

"Uh... no?"

Frank, Gerard and Ray started screaming like little kids as you slinked away from Gerard's grasp and returned to your seat on the couch, slumping into the leather as you tossed Mikey a 'you see what you did' glance when the rest of them weren't looking.

"Fuck."

~

"(YYYYYYY/NNNNNNN)!"

"For the last time, Frank, no!"

"Was it your ex?"

"What? NO!"

"(Y/B/F)?" Ray asked.

You gave him a weird look. "I'm into guys." He just shrugged in response.

"That one dude from that other place?" Gerard quizzed, twirling a strand of your hair in his fingers. 

"Yes, that's exactly who it was. He's smoking."

"Really?" he asked, perking up.

"No, you dumbass," you laughed, making him pout.

"Just tell ussss," Frank whined, stomping his feet.

"My God, leave her alone," Mikey commented from where he sat across the room, feet propped up on top of the table as he scrolled through his phone.

"No, this is important!" Gerard retorted.

"Yeah," Ray agreed.

"It's really not," Mikey argued.

"Whatever," Frank dismissed him and focused his attention back on you. "Was it Jared?"

"No."

"Daniel?"

"No."

"Me?"

"Frank, don't be an idiot."

"Hey, you never know," he held up his hands in defence as you just shook your head and laughed. 

"Patrick? We all know he has a crush on you."

"Bless him, but no."

"Mikey?"

You hesitated for one second too long before denying it, and that one second was enough for everyone's suspicions to be confirmed. All of their mouths hung open as they turned to look at Mikey, who hadn't moved an inch. He still sat in the same position, scrolling through his phone; the only difference was that he now wore a smug smirk on his face.

"Told you I was her favourite."

_______________________________

Thank you for reading x