Hey. (Part 2) (Dallon Weekes x Reader)

"So basically the only thing we really need to do is show everyone to their seats before the show starts, then we'll be free to go," your friend Ash explained as the two of you ambled through the hallway to your dorm, "And a hundred bucks richer," he added with a cheeky grin, leaning against the wall as you unlocked the door, "You down?"

You scoffed, placing the key into the lock. "A hundred bucks just for ushering? Sign me the fuck up."

Ash did a little cheer, making you smile. Your eyes caught sight of someone approaching and as they drew nearer, you recognized that it was Dallon; he was whistling to himself as he twirled his key ring on his slender finger and when he caught sight of you, he smiled.

"Hey," he boomed in a deep voice – a greeting that had become customary between the two of you.

"Hey," you boomed back, beaming at him. He shot you a quick wink before unlocking his door and stepping into his dorm.

Ash – who had been keeping a steady gaze on Dallon during your entire exchange – turned to you with wide-eyes, raised eyebrows, and a flirty smile.

"Who was that?"

"His name is Dallon. He's in my Psych class."

"Is he single?" Ash questioned, lightly licking his lips.

You closed your eyes and breathed out exasperatedly. "Yes, but he's not gay."

"Neither were my last two boyfriends," Ash mused, a triumphant look on his face, "But then they met me."

"So, what's your plan?" you sniggered, opening the door and walking in, "You gonna use subliminal messaging to trick him into dating you like you did last time?"

"Hey, that's a fool-proof method," Ash defended, pointing a finger at you as he stepped inside and closed the door; you nodded sardonically and went to grab the last two sodas from the fridge, handing one to your friend, "But nah. I won't. Only because I don't wanna get in the way of whatever it is the two of you have going on," he teased, wiggling his eyebrows as he opened the soda and took a sip.

You nearly choked on the fizzy liquid in your mouth and started coughing. "There's nothing going on," you spluttered, "We're just friends."

"Mhm."

"I'm serious!" you insisted, holding out your hands.

"MHM."

You rolled your eyes and groaned. "Whatever. Let's just get this assignment over with."

~

After having just shown a sweet couple to their seat, you walked back up to your post at the entry doors. You were ushering a show at one of the five-star hotels in the city, where Ash's uncle held a managerial position and was able to get you and him a chance to earn some much needed cash.

Your feet were aching from the standing and walking around non-stop for the past hour and your face hurt from the constant smiling, but you were making $100, so you sucked it up and pushed through.

As soon as you had shown the final audience members to their seats, you let out a quiet sigh of relief and hurried to the door. Just as you were about to leave, Ash pulled you back.

"Ow," you whisper-shouted, breaking free from his iron grip on your forearm, "What's the matter with you?"

"Your man is here!"

"What man?" you frowned, rubbing your arm.

"How many do you have?" he mocked, rolling his eyes.