Oh, Those Summer Nights. (Part 7) (Brendon Urie x Reader)

════════════════

Note: hey hey hey your girl is turning 18 in 18 days on the 18th of July 2018; make sure you put it in your calendars 🙃

════════════════

Another night spent holed up in a hotel room, lounging lazily atop the crisp linen of the unfamiliar bed and absentmindedly flicking through TV channels. Tyler and Josh were scheduled to play a show at the Sonics Arena about a half hour out tonight, and a quick glance at the bedside alarm clock told you that they were only seconds away from going onstage.

You had opted to sit out of tonight's show, having so far been to virtually every other one on this tour, and chose to rather stay in your suite; hotel nights weren't too common while on the road, after all, and you wanted to get the most out of the luxurious boarding before being re-confined to the cramped tour bus for the next however many weeks.

The only problem was that without the boys and rest of the crew, you were alone. Now usually, that would've been absolutely fine by you but tonight that wasn't the case.

It could've been a subconscious thing – a side effect as a result of the complexity of the whole Josh/Brendon situation – but you had the unusual desire to be in the presence of other people, prompting you to gather your jacket and purse and slip on some shoes before heading for the Italian restaurant you had passed on the corner of the hotel's street.

You could really do with some pasta right about now.

~

Brendon lips curved into a huge fake smile. Normally, the smile would have been real, but he wasn't feeling in the happiest of moods this night. His facial muscles relaxed a moment later, after a blinding flash went off.

He blinked a couple times to rid his eyes of the attack of white light before wrapping his arms around the two fans on either side of him in quick yet affectionate hugs, assuring them it was no problem as they continuously thanked him for stopping to indulge their request for a picture.

Waving his hand as a final goodbye, Brendon continued on his way, stuffing both hands into the pockets of his jacket and watching the way his breath transformed into little wisps of fog as he exhaled. There was an undeniable chill in the air tonight. In retrospect, he probably should've recognised it as foreshadowing that no good would come from the next few hours, but he was too headstrong to even give that so much as a wavering thought.

He had come to Seattle for one reason and one reason only – and that reason was currently sitting alone at a table for two in the restaurant he was strolling past, leisurely sipping a glass of iced tea while scanning over the menu.