on the 8th day of 🎄, ohfrxnkie gave to you...

Decorating with Fall Out Boy.

Joe:

"No, it can't be," you murmured to yourself, leaning closer over the steering wheel and squinting to get a clearer look through the windshield.

You were approaching your house, and from what you could see, there appeared to be something hanging from the roof. You had a nasty suspicion that it was either your boyfriend or his bandmate, but you gave them the benefit of the doubt and shook it off; surely they couldn't be that incapable of hanging Christmas decorations.

Upon pulling into your driveway, your suspicions were confirmed.

Your boyfriend, Joe, was dangling from the roof, holding onto a string of Christmas lights for dear life as Pete stood on the roof tiles, frantically trying to pull him up.

"OH MY GOD!" you exclaimed in a mixture of horror, disbelief and infuriation, hurriedly exiting your car and sprinting across the lawn to where the previously propped up ladder lay on the grass.

Swiftly, you set the ladder underneath Joe and carefully guided his feet to the steps. Once he was safely on the ladder, Pete let go and both guys sighed heavily in relief.

"Seriously, you guys?" you threw your hands up before setting them on your hips, frowning at both of them, "Can I not ever leave you two alone? First, you bury Joe in the snow, then you use the roof-gutter as monkey-bars!"

"I know what you're thinking," Joe spoke, stepping down from the ladder, "But this really wasn't our fault! The ladder fell over."

"Uh huh," you ran your tongue along the inside of your cheek and nodded, "And why exactly did the ladder fall over, Joe?"

Scratching the back of his neck, Joe avoided your gaze; as did Pete, who whistled through the silence.

"That's what I thought," you nodded mockingly before turning around and grabbing your bags from the car before heading inside, "Just know that now, not only will Pete definitely not be our baby's godfather, but you two are never, ever allowed alone with them!"

Andy:

You stifled a laugh as you watched Andy struggle to wrap the tinsel all around the tall frame of the Christmas tree.

"Why the heck did we buy such a huge tree?" he complained, stretching his arms as far as he could in order to wrap the tinsel around the entire tree.

"You're the one who wanted a big one," you chuckled, walking over to assist your husband, "Need I remind you the tantrum you threw over wanting to get this specific one?"

"You're smarter than me," he retorted as he draped the final piece of tinsel over the lower branches, "You're supposed to stop me from doing such stupid things."

"I've been doing that for almost five years now," you pointed out, adjusting one of the baubles that had gone askew, "I think I've earned a little break. There," you smiled, stepping back to admire the tree, "Beautiful."

"Yes, you are," he cooed, scooping you into his arms and nuzzling your neck, making you giggle in adoration.

"You're such a dork," you mumbled, ruffling his short hair as much as was possible.

"You love my dorkiness!" he defended, "Why else would you have stayed with me for five whole years?"

"Gosh," you breathed, wrapping your arms around his neck and shaking your head in disbelief, "Can you believe it's been that long already?"

"I know," he murmured, gazing soulfully at you, "It's crazy. I can still remember the moment we first met as if it happened yesterday. I knew my life would change for the better from that moment, and I was right. It has. I love you more than anything."