on the 10th day of 🎄, ohfrxnkie gave to you...

A late update.

(aka Movies with My Chemical Romance.)

Gerard:

"You're joking."

"Nope," you said, popping the 'p' for extra emphasis as you rounded the kitchen island and started for the living room, Gerard behind you, "I'm dead serious."

"But it's the most iconic Christmas movie ever," Gerard stated softly as he shook his head, trying to comprehend how in the hell you hadn't seen the film.

"See, that's where you're wrong," you pointed a finger at him as you sat down on the sofa, pulling the blanket over your body, "I can think of a ton of other Christmas movies that are more iconic. The Nightmare Before Christmas, for example."

Gerard sighed as he plopped down next to you. "Alright, maybe it's not the most iconic," he conceded as you nodded in agreement, "But it's definitely in the top five. Top three, even. I seriously can't believe that you haven't seen it."

You shrugged and slipped further into the comfort of the sofa, lifting your legs and then resting them over Gerard's; he was still shaking his head and sputtering in disbelief.

"I just never got around to it," you stated simply.

"Alright, well, we have to do something about that," Gerard tsked, gently moving your legs off of him so that he could stand up and grab the remote from the TV stand.

Resuming his position of lounging next to you, he brought up the Netflix site and began scrolling through the Christmas movie collection, looking for the one you had yet to watch.

His eyes lit up once he found it, and with a few clicks of the remote, he had started the film.

"I'm gonna go make us some snacks," you said, starting to get up. Gerard pushed you back down.

"No!" he protested, and you flinched slightly at the sudden rise in volume, "I'll go get the snacks. You stay here and watch. You're gonna love it," he beamed as he rose from the sofa, and you couldn't help but smile at his excitement.

"Okay, baby," you cooed, repositioning yourself as your boyfriend walked to the kitchen – backwards so that he could make sure that you were paying attention to the screen.

~Approximately 1 hour and 55 minutes later~

"Annnnndddddd?" Gerard questioned with a creepy smile once the movie had ended, leaning in so much that he was practically laying on top of you, "It was amazing, wasn't it? It was. Right? Right?"

"Uh," you responded, gently pushing him away, "Yeah, it was alright."

Gerard's face fell. "Just 'alright'?"

"Well..." you tilted your head side to side before sighing, "The movie itself wasn't really that bad. I mean, watching the kid come up with all those elaborate booby-traps and then seeing how the bad guys suffer through them is really entertaining. Except that..." you sighed again.

"Except what?" Gerard frowned, annoyed that you didn't instantly fall in love with the film.

"The movie is called 'Home Alone', and watching it, it makes sense why that would be the title. Until you realise that there is no real reason why he has to be alone."

"What do you mean?"

"He's a young boy living in a suburban area... why doesn't he just go and hang out with his friends? Or at least invite them over."