Time. (Gerard Way/Frank Iero x Reader)

════════════════

Note: Thank you for 2k 🖤✨.

════════════════

════════════════

"My love? Are you okay?" Gerard questioned worriedly as he rested a concerned hand on your shoulder.

You bit your fingernails as you thought about how to voice your anxiety. A moment later, you stopped biting and wiped your palms on your jeans, deciding that the best way to go about it would be to just come right out with it.

"Are you still in love with Lindsey?"

Gerard looked taken-aback, to say the least, and mumbled in perplexity before shaking his head as if he hadn't heard you properly. "Wh-why would you ask something like that?"

"Just answer the question, Gerard," you said tiredly, wrapping your cardigan tighter around your frame.

Your boyfriend remained silent. As he took in your appearance, hair wild, dark rings under eyes which were quite clearly puffy from crying not too long ago, hands clutching onto their arms as if to stay steady, his heart broke, and he knew that he couldn't lie to you – or to himself – any longer.

"Yes, I-I think so," he whispered, avoiding eye contact.

Your heart fell apart into a zillion pieces, and you hard to bite your lip hard to keep from crying. His answer didn't come as much of a surprise to you; you'd suspected it for a long time. It wasn't anything Gerard said or did, necessarily – he always showed you love, but it was the way he would talk about that period in his life when he was with her, or the faraway look he would get in his eyes whenever he came across old photographs or things that belonged to her. It seemed to make him happy in a way that you never could. Even though you'd been expecting his response, there was nothing you could've done to prepare yourself for the pain that came with it.

"But I love you, too," he added quickly with wide eyes, kneeling in front of where you sat on your sofa and taking your hands into his. "I do."

"Maybe," you choke out, blinking rapidly to get rid of the tears. "But not like you love her."

"(Y/N)..."

"No, Gerard, don't," you held up a hand to silence him, sniffling a bit. "It'll only make this harder. I should start packing." You stood up from the couch and Gerard stood up too. "You need time to figure out what you want, and I need time to..." you sighed deeply, "well, I just need time."

~

You knocked urgently on Frank's door. Crossing your arms over your chest and hugging yourself in order to receive some kind of comfort, you shivered slightly as you stood in the dark waiting for Frank to answer the door.