Oh, Those Summer Nights. (Part 10) (Brendon Urie x Reader)

════════════════

Note: This is the final part of the series. x

════════════════

════════════════

"Where do I start?"

Tyler hummed in mock contemplation as he launched himself onto the nearby couch. "Alright, so, let's start by pretending that you're not eventually gonna end up choosing Brendon..."

"Dude," you scoffed as you threw your hands up and gave him a look of total disbelief, "what's up with you and betraying your best friend?"

"Not betraying. Protecting," the singer corrected, pointing a finger at you and cocking one brow.

"Right, okay," you ran your tongue along the inside of your bottom lip and leaned back into the armchair, "Anyway, can you at least pretend to be impartial so that you can help me figure this out?"

"You don't need help. You already know who you're gonna choose," Tyler grunted as he reached behind the couch to grab a notepad and pen from the table and held it out to you, "But if – hypothetically – you didn't know, I'd say make a pros and cons list."

You apprehensively took the stationery and looked at your friend with an unsure expression. "You want me to compare them with lists?"

"Studies have shown that drafting up a pros and cons list before making a major life decision can really help put things into perspective," Tyler nodded matter-of-factly.

You raised an eyebrow in scepticism. "You really think that applies to the world of dating, too?"

"You have any better ideas?"

Skewing your mouth to the side, you sighed and resigned yourself to flicking the cap of the pen and pressing it to paper. Might as well give it a try.

Patting your head in support, Tyler announced that he was going out to get you two some drinks and grabbed his hoodie from the arm of the couch before leaving.

He returned a mere fifteen minutes later, carrying a tray of coffee. "And? How're we doing?"

You blew a raspberry and shrugged, tapping the end of the pen against the notepad. The musician made his way over to you, taking a stance behind the armchair you were sitting in and cocking his head as he read over your shoulder.

"This is just a list comparing their hotness!" (*)

You glanced down at the list in front of you. "Yeah... and?"

"'And'?" Tyler scoffed, shaking his head at you in disbelief, "I don't know what bothers me more; the fact that you're shallow enough to only look at their physical attributes, or the fact that in fifteen minutes you only managed to come up with three things for each of them."