Territorial. (Tyler Joseph x Reader)

"This is my life now. I have climbed this hill and now I will die upon it."

"Shut up. We've only been hiking for twenty minutes."

Tyler groaned in displeasure and put on a fake cry as he reluctantly continued slogging his way towards the distant opening where the two of you planned to camp out.

You turned to the boy behind you with a pinched expression. "Let's not forget; this was your idea."

"When I said that we should camp out, I was thinking more along the lines of in the backyard; not the top of a mountain!"

"It's not a mountain. It's barely even a hill," you corrected. "And I used to come to this place all the time when I was younger. You'll love it, trust me."

Tyler let out an overly dramatic sigh and followed behind you as you led your way to the clearing.

After another twenty minutes, which consisted of several complaints and constant nagging from Tyler, you arrived at your destination. Even though you hadn't visited the site in years, it still looked precisely how you remembered it; the location brought back fond memories, and sent a wave of nostalgia through you, making you smile as you reminisced about the good times you'd spent there with your family.

"Finally," Tyler huffed, sighing in relief as he tossed his backpack onto the dirt ground beside him.

"You're such a weakling," you taunted, resting your hands on your hips as you watched Tyler, who was thirstily slurping at a bottle of water while trying to regain his breath. "That wasn't even a proper hike."

"(Y/N), my body isn't equipped for such things. You know this."

"Oh, but you can scale a twenty-foot structure without a problem?"

"Vertical twenty-foot structures."

You rolled your eyes and returned to reminiscing. A familiar tree caught your eye and you gave a small smile as you approached it, running your fingers along the letters that were carved into its bark.

"(Y/N) (Y/L/N)," Tyler read aloud as he appeared next to you, wincing a bit as he rubbed a stitch that had formed in his side. "When did you do this?"

"When I was eight," you chuckled, thinking back to that night. "It was the fifth time, I think, that my parents brought my brothers and I up here. And at that point, we kinda felt like it belonged to us. So (Y/B/N) thought we should make sure everyone knew." You pointed at the other side of the tree, where two other sets of names were – your brothers'.

"Wow," Tyler said in amazement. "I didn't know that being territorial ran in the family." He gave you a sly smirk, and you knew that he was referring to the hickeys you'd regularly leave on his skin.

"Shut up," you muttered under your breath as you punched him lightly in the shoulder, avoiding his gaze out of embarrassment. "Sun's gonna set soon, we should get the tent set up."

Tyler sniggered at your clear embarrassment and turned to follow you back to where your bags were, helping you remove the tent poles from its holder.

Ten minutes later, the sun had almost disappeared on the horizon. Tyler was relaxing in a camping chair, taking occasional sips from a can of soda he held in his hand, the other draped casually over the arm rest.

"Perfect," you beamed happily, brushing the dirt from your clothes as you stood up and took a step back to admire your handiwork.

"It looks great, angel!" Tyler yelled out.

"Yeah, no thanks to you," you scoffed. "You were no help at all."

"Hey, I told you, I'm no good when it comes to this sorta things," he said defensively.