The Hot Chocolate Incident. (Josh Dun x Reader)

════════════════

WARNING: Sexual themes (light/no smut).

Note: This was co-written by mikeywaystambourine . It's also based on a real-life event that happened to us - that is now known in my friend group as 'The Hot Chocolate Incident' - where I was (Y/N), she was (Y/B/F), and my crush was Josh. (Y/N)'s POV is in normal font, (Y/B/F)'S POV is in italics. Everything written here actually took place one night a few months ago. Well, everything except the smut. (Sadly.) I hope you enjoy this insider look into the mess that is my life. x

════════════════

════════════════

"I feel like we're gonna get there, and I'm gonna be all excited and then he won't even be there."

"You don't know that," (Y/B/F) said rather unconvincingly, in a high-pitched voice.

"Well, he wasn't at school today," I sulked, throwing myself dramatically over the bed. "But then again, when is he ever at school?" I added, annoyed.

"Yeah, well, all he ever cares about is going to the gym," (Y/B/F) said while changing into her lacrosse gear. She stopped lacing up her shoes and glanced at me. "Not that you mind," she said suggestively.

"Shut up," I pulled a face at her, "He is quite passionate about football, so maybe he'll show up. I should give him the benefit of the doubt."

"Yeah, you'll give him something else," she said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Shut up," I said, pushing her over. "In what AU will that ever happen? He doesn't even know who I am."

"Yes, he does, you're the best friend of the girl whose mother is friends with his grandmother's sister," she nonchalantly pointed out, raising a finger matter-of-factly, "Oh, and there's the way you stare at him at school."

"You said that he doesn't notice!" I gasped.

"Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, I don't know, maaan."

"Thanks, you really do an amazing job of being my best friend."

"Oh, I know."

~

Oh my soul, I hate this fucking team so much! I just wanna go home! Staying with (Y/N) to stare at Josh better be worth it. He better fucking kiss her or some shit.

"Well done, my love," (Y/N) said, with a hint of sympathy in her voice, handing me my Vitamin Water.

"Thanks," I grumbled, "Now let's go find your husband."

~

"Are you sure you don't want anything?" (Y/N) asked for the fiftieth time, handing her money to some freshman who gave her a cup of hot chocolate in return.