Smacked Down. (Mikey Way x Reader)

You were practically vibrating with excitement as the line you were standing in got steadily shorter with each passing moment. It might have been the three cups of coffee you had consumed earlier, or the fact that you were about to see Seth freaking Rollins in person, but you couldn't bring yourself to stand still. Even though the line was moving at a relatively fast pace, it still seemed like an eternity before you entered the arena.

WWE fans were by far some of the most passionate, extreme and die-hard fans in the universe; even in the hallways where the merch and food stands were, you could feel the buzz in the air as everyone babbled elatedly, discussing possible match outcomes and which Superstars would be performing tonight.

As you reached the entryway to the stands, you showed the marshal your ticket and he escorted you to your seat in the front row. Flashing him a smile and a 'thank you', you took your seat. Your eyes did a double take at the blonde-haired man sitting next to you; he looked oddly familiar and you scrunched up your face in frustration, trying to place where you knew him from. He wasn't looking at you, his eyes instead glued to the phone he was typing on and you decided to look away before he caught you staring and you looked like a total weirdo. You weren't fast enough, though and he lifted his gaze to meet yours, offering a small smile that brought a tingle to your cheeks. He was far more attractive than you'd thought: sparkling eyes, a cute smile and a jawline that could kill. You panicked and instead of smiling back, you averted your gaze; suddenly becoming heavily fascinated by the design on your Seth Rollins t-shirt, Mikey smirking to himself as he went back to typing on his phone.

The lights dimmed and a booming roar erupted from the crowd as Raw's theme music began to play. The music got increasingly faster and faster, building up to a huge bass drop; your anticipation building up along with it. The bass dropped, twenty different types of pyrotechnics went off, and the roar of the crowd got a million times louder; you and Mikey both screaming along as the announcer's voice belted throughout the arena.

"WELCOME TO MONDAY NIGHT RAW!"

~

It was the main event – a.k.a the last match of the night – Seth Rollins had the upper hand, and you were screaming your lungs out. You jumped up and down on the spot as he delivered one of his signatures, your personal favourite, the Phoenix Splash, exclaiming in joy as the referee hit the 3-count.

The referee held Seth's hand above his head to showcase his victory and you and Mikey cheered the loudest either of you had for the entire night. Seth did his rounds inside of the ring, standing atop the turnbuckles and raising his arms, prompting applause from the crowd. But it was only when he exited the ring and walked along the barricade, high-fiving fans or posing for pictures with them, that you completely lost your shit.

You stood motionless and silent as Seth walked closer and closer, not believing that you would actually be able to touch one of your favourite people in the world.

Seth was two people away from you now, and you could feel your excitement increasing as you tried you hardest not to hyperventilate.

Mikey must've felt exactly the same, since he flailed his arms about wildly. You hadn't even noticed his actions, until you felt a harsh sting against your cheek as you fell to the ground.

"Oh my god," Mikey exclaimed, his eyes widening as he realised what he'd just done. He kneeled down and held his hands out toward you. "Are you okay?"

"No, I'm not okay!" you scoffed incredulously. "You just smacked me across the face!"

"I-I didn't mean to!" he said frantically. "It was an accident, I swear!"

"Damn, and I thought I was a huge fangirl," you mumbled, rubbing the sting on your cheek soothingly.