Gifts. (Tyler Joseph x Reader)

════════════════

Note: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FREN-SOULMATE mikeywaystambourine I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS THING I MADE FOR YOU

Note: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FREN-SOULMATE mikeywaystambourine  I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS THING I MADE FOR YOU

════════════════

"This is serious. Like, life or death serious. If I screw this up, I might as well move to Iceland and never come back."

"I think you're being a little over-dramatic."

Tyler swivelled his chair around so that he could face his best friend. "Josh, it's (Y/N). This gift has to be nothing less than perfect."

"Dude, you could literally give her anything and she'll love it cause it came from you."

"Wow, you're no help at all. No wonder you're single," Tyler scoffed, his comment earning him a smack to the head from his best friend.

"Have you checked online? I'm sure you could find something on Amazon or whatever."

Tyler sighed heavily and turned his chair back to the computer screen as he continued scrolling with his finger. "That's what I've been doing for the past hour," he groaned.  "And I can't find anything- oh. This could work."

Josh walked over to join his friend at the computer, placing his hands on the back of Tyler's chair as he leaned forward to get a better look at the object displayed on the screen.

The drummer made a sour face and looked at the singer, checking his face for any sign that showed he was joking. Unfortunately, there were none.

"Dude," Josh said, "you're kidding, right?"

Tyler's face fell as he turned to his friend. "What?" he asked defensively, looking between Josh and the screen, "What's wrong with it?"

"It's totally useless."

"It's pretty."

"It's a teddy-llama."

"It's a diamond encrusted teddy-llama."

"Tyler, it's a freaking awful gift and you know it."

"Ugh," Tyler angrily pushed himself away from the desk and dropped his head into his hands. "That's it. I'm done."

Josh clicked his teeth and clamped a supportive hand on his despondent friend's shoulder. "I mean... you did kinda set yourself up for failure. You should've known that there was no way you would be able to top last year's gift. It was awesome. Like, seriously awesome. The gift of all gifts. The most perfect-"

"I get it," Tyler growled lowly, looking up at the drummer through narrowed eyes, "No need to harp on."

Josh bowed his head and held up both hands in defence. "So what are you gonna do?"

"I have no idea."

~

"What do you want for your birthday?" Tyler asked, lightly smacking the side of your leg as he passed you on the couch. He still hadn't been able to find or even think of a gift for you, and it was slowly driving him insane.

"A pony," you hummed, tilting your head to the side and giving him a sugar-sweet smile.

He rolled his eyes and took a sip from his soda. "Something I can realistically purchase."

You cocked one brow and pursed your lips. "You can realistically purchase a pony for me if you try hard enough."

The singer let out a short groan and tapped his fingers against the soda can impatiently as you looked on in amusement.

"I'm serious, angel," he whined, tossing you a pleading look, "Help me out, here."

Swinging your legs off of the couch, you blew a raspberry. "Something meaningful."

"Is that all I'm getting as a guide?"

"Yup," you nodded, popping the 'p' for dramatic effect as you got up from the couch and swaggered over to Tyler, placing a peck on his cheek before whispering in his ear. "I'm sure you'll get me the perfect gift, with or without my help. You always do."

"No pressure, then," Tyler scoffed to himself, watching you walk off to the bathroom and wondering how the hell he was going to find you a gift amazing enough to top last year's.

And then, it hit him.

~

"Happy birthday, angel."

You woke up to the soothing voice of Tyler whispering in your ear, making you smile and reach behind you to bring his face closer; he nuzzled it into your neck and you giggled in appreciation.

"Thank you, darling," you sighed before the two of you shared a loving kiss.

"So," he started, placing his hands on the mattress on either side of your head and pushing himself up into a kneeling position, "I'll admit that I had a pretty hard time coming up with a gift to top last year's one..."

"You didn't have to try and top it, Ty," you informed, smiling softly.

He held up a hand to silence you. "But I think that this year's one comes pretty close."

Having said that, he hooked his fingers at the bottom hem of his t-shirt and proceeded to yank it off.

"Woah," you chuckled, widening your eyes as you raked your gaze over his exposed torso, "I mean, yeah, this does- oh," your voice caught in your throat as you caught sight of a new inking on Tyler's torso – an inscription just below his left pec and right over his heart.

"Oh Tyler," you cooed, reaching up to dance your fingers along your name that was now permanently tattooed onto his body and swallowing harshly to try and get rid of the lump in your throat.

"I figured what better way to show you how serious I am about us than by engraving your name in my skin," he shrugged casually and grinned childishly at you. "You like it?"

"It's the best gift I've ever gotten! I love it," you laughed incredulously as you continuously traced over the tattoo, "and I love you."

"I love you, too, angel," he sighed happily, leaning down to capture your lips in a passionate kiss.

"Thank you for always making my birthdays so extra special," you said, rubbing your hands along his arms, "there's only one problem, though."

"What's that?" he frowned.

"There's no way you're topping this next year."

_______________________________

Thank you for reading x

Sometimes in life, you find a special friend. Someone who changes your life just by being a part of it. Someone who makes you laugh until you can't stop. Someone who makes you believe that there really is good in the world. Someone who convinces you that there's an unlocked door just waiting for you to open it.

A forever friend.

When you're down and the world seems dark and empty, they lift you up in spirit and make that dark and empty world suddenly seem bright and full.

They get you through the hard times, the sad times and the confused times. If you turn and walk away, they follow. If you lose your way, they guide you and cheer you on. They hold your hand and tell you everything is going to be okay. And if you find a friend like this, you feel happy and complete because you don't need to worry.

I have a forever friend, and that's you.

And forever has no end.