Vanilla. (Part 2) (Josh Dun x Reader)

"HI, (Y/N), WE'RE COMING INTO YOUR HOUSE NOW!" Tyler's voice cut through the silence in your home.

Rolling your eyes as you moved to an upright position, you shot a glare at the two boys who had just entered, shutting the front door behind them. You knew that since you'd just had your tonsils removed the day before, Tyler would do his best to be as loud and irksome as humanly possible, knowing full well that you couldn't yell at him in retaliation.

Tyler and Josh made their way over to the armchair where you were previously reclining and both pecked you on the cheek. They then started unpacking the grocery bags they had brought with them, placing not one, not two, but ten pints of Häagen-Dazs ice cream on the frosted-glass coffee table, your eyes widening not just in awe of your friends' total exaggeration of the whole 'eat ice-cream after getting your tonsils removed' tradition, but also in excitement over the fact that you get to eat all of it.

You smiled at the boys in a silent 'thank you'.

"YOU'RE WELCOME, (Y/N)!" Tyler exclaimed while hopping up and down excitedly; your hands flying to protect your ears from the unnecessary noise emitted by the doofus standing in front of you. Tyler just chuckled evilly in response. "OKAY, I'M GOING TO GO GET SOME SPOONS NOW!"

You grabbed as many throw pillows as you could manage and began rapid-firing them at Tyler, who started sprinting towards the kitchen in an effort to dodge them.

Shaking your head, you turned to face Josh, who was sitting in an awkward manner. He kept on crossing and uncrossing his legs, playing with his hands and rearranging his cap, which was unusual, considering he was the most comfortable around you and Tyler.

He noticed his gaze on you and instantly straightened his hunched-over frame, clearing his throat and wiping his palms on his ripped jeans.

"Nothing's wrong," he stated rather unconvincingly in response to your raised eyebrows, which only made you raise them higher. Josh sighed before speaking again. "Okay, look, this is really hard for me to do because we all know that I'm not the best at these types of things but...," he inhaled sharply before continuing, "I know you just got your tonsils removed and this might be bad timing but I just think that you should know that I've had feelings for you for years and SHH, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO TALK."

You froze with your mouth agape, wanting so frightfully to shout out how much his feelings were reciprocated, but he wouldn't let you and instead continued rambling.

"I'm well aware that this isn't the best time or place to tell you but if I had to go on for one more day without telling you how deeply I'm in love with you, I would've lost my mind."

You gave a watery smile as your chest tightened at his confession. Seeing your expression, it seemed to just then click in Josh's mind what he had just said to you. He looked unsteady, almost unsure of himself, yet only for a moment before he regained his confidence.

"I love you, (Y/N)."

"I love you too," you whispered hoarsely.

A squeal of delightedness sounded from your left.

"YAY! KEEP LOVING EACH OTHER!" Tyler cheered; clapping and bouncing around like a little kid.

While you were busy laughing at Tyler, Josh brought two fingers to your face, tilting it so that he could capture your lips with his (this caused Tyler to almost hyperventilate with joy).

When you eventually broke apart, you looked at all the ice cream pints on the coffee table and giggled.

"What's so funny?" Josh asked.

"It's just... I'm surprised you didn't buy vanilla flavour."

"Oh my goodness, shut up."

_______________________________

Thank you for reading x